PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got conns. on youth ATV's

Beaudee
12-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Looking for a deal on an automatic kids ATV prefer a 90cc-150cc.Prefer name brand Honda,Articat.........Was curious if anyone new someone or had connections to get a good deal.Thanks

L8 APEX
12-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Jimmy has bought those Chinese copy bikes for his kids and they run great. They were only 5-600 bucks compared to the 2-3000 for brand name bikes. They have suspension and electric start etc. I would think they are good to age 7-8 then the rider may be able to enjoy a more expensive unit. Jimmys kids are 3 and 4. I have bought nothing but Honda for myself.

Beaudee
12-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Jimmy has bought those Chinese copy bikes for his kids and they run great. They were only 5-600 bucks compared to the 2-3000 for brand name bikes. They have suspension and electric start etc. I would think they are good to age 7-8 then the rider may be able to enjoy a more expensive unit. Jimmys kids are 3 and 4. I have bought nothing but Honda for myself.
Who sells the off brands and which ones are the good ones.I have seen them @ pepboys.I saw several on e-bay but i would like to see one up close before buying.

L8 APEX
12-04-2005, 11:40 PM
He bought his from a place off I-35E down metween Red Oak and Waxahachie. They look like a little Raptor with head lights, 3 speeds w/ reverse, hydraulic brakes and all.

QDRHRSE
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Polaris makes a nice little 90cc 2 stroke quad called the "Predator". My friend has a couple of them and his 7 year old twins ride em. They're a tad big for the 7 year olds. His 12 year old could ride one. They are pretty nice and I don't have too much trouble on them either. They scoot pretty good. I don't get up to his house much during the week but I'll try to make a trip up there to take a couple of pics if you want.

Beaudee
12-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Polaris makes a nice little 90cc 2 stroke quad called the "Predator". My friend has a couple of them and his 7 year old twins ride em. They're a tad big for the 7 year olds. His 12 year old could ride one. They are pretty nice and I don't have too much trouble on them either. They scoot pretty good. I don't get up to his house much during the week but I'll try to make a trip up there to take a couple of pics if you want.
No thanks i will probally go with a cheapy.:tu:

Beaudee
12-05-2005, 05:23 PM
I found this on the Talon club advertising.Free Shipping!! http://www.familygokarts.com/main.php?htmlPage=cyclone_150str What do you all think, i might just order one.Looks well built.I just ordered it,let you all know how it turns out.

QDRHRSE
12-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I ride. I've been doing it a while. I do it pretty well. I've ridden a lot of bikes. My advice is buy used name brand bikes. If those were $500 then they would be worth buying. @ $1200 those are throw aways. You should be able to find newer used kids bikes from Polaris, Honda, kawasaki....etc for that kind of money. Those always have some salvage value. Replacement parts are also an issue. I'm warning you! Unless you buy super cheapies like Terry was talking about, you will be sorry.

Beaudee
12-05-2005, 09:51 PM
This bike even has cross drilled disk brakes,honda clone motor.Love the name too "Cyclone".Hell i cant wait to ride it :D .Thing looks like an Apache helecopter.I had planed on spending more,the other atv's for less $ didn't seem to be built as good as this one.Its for my daughter,the boys in the hood will all be wanting rides :rll: .No taxes 1219.00 to your door.

L8 APEX
12-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Yep those are the Raptor clones. Jimmy paid 550 for his 90cc I think the 110 was the same price.

Beaudee
12-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Yep those are the Raptor clones. Jimmy paid 550 for his 90cc I think the 110 was the same price. I couldn't find any decent looking ones for that price.I had to move quick for X-mas.