PDA

View Full Version : Drilled / Slotted Rotors

rickgig
12-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Thoughts?

I found these and I know the caution on drilled rotors. Baer is a good name and they have a 3 year limited warranty against warpage and cracking. Seeing how I keep warping rotors... I like the warranty (I just don't know wht the little "*" is about).

Anyone have any experience with them?

BAER BRAKE SYSTEMS DecelaRotors
99-04 SVT Lightning and 02-03 Harley Davidson Truck </B>http://www.rpmoutlet.com/images/baer300150.gifhttp://www.rpmoutlet.com/images/baer268150.gif
DecelaRotors™...Baer Brakes Systems new line of direct replacement, cosmetically upgraded rotors. Designed for 99-04 SVT Lightning and 02-03 Harley Davidson Truck vehicles, DecelaRotors™ provide that dynamic race look without the costs.

DecelaRotors™ feature:

Dynamic visual impact
Superior bite
Equalized pad wear
Consistent wet weather performance
Direct OE replacement
The same counter-rotational drilling used in professional racing
Designed to eliminate outgassing while minimizing stress cracks
Unprecedented three-year limited warranty against warpage and cracking!*

03BCLIGHTNING
12-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Caution?? Im supposed to buy some this weekend and I never knew there was any caution with those. Any information will be highly appreciated!:tu:

rickgig
12-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Caution... unless you are using the drilled rotors for track events... they will crack. This can become costly.

They will crack if you are using them for track events too. But thought is you are more aware of your vehicle and what needs to be replaced before you race versus a daily driver wehn we don't inspect everything before we go out... make sense?

03BCLIGHTNING
12-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Yea alot of sense :tu: i guess ill get some other ones, my friend has a great hook up and i was going to get some drilled and slotted ones for 200! Thanks!:banana:

BC Lightning
12-05-2005, 06:01 PM
I installed EBC front and rear dimpled and cross drilled rotors and EBC pads, and I will never run another set of brakes besides these, except Brembo. I think Wilwood are the in between of EBC and Brembo.

I have roughly 15,000 on my brakes and rotors and they are starting to show some heat cracks, but they stop 100 times better than stock, also I haven't had a problem with brake dust like I did with stock pads.

my .02

rickgig
12-05-2005, 10:45 PM
I installed EBC front and rear dimpled and cross drilled rotors and EBC pads, and I will never run another set of brakes besides these, except Brembo. I think Wilwood are the in between of EBC and Brembo.

I have roughly 15,000 on my brakes and rotors and they are starting to show some heat cracks, but they stop 100 times better than stock, also I haven't had a problem with brake dust like I did with stock pads.

my .02

15,000 miles... over what period of time? I am thinking these rotors will be perfect for street and if they show stress cracks... warranty them.

It all depends on that "*" for the exclusions to the warranty. I'll see if I can get more details on the t's and c's.

Looks like they are about 290 for the fronts and less for the rear.

Fuzion
12-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Someone down at TFC asked about my rotors. But they are dimpled and slotted.

www.ROTORPROS.com (http://www.rotorpros.com/)

L8 APEX
12-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Any rotor you send back to them they will call abuse and charge you for another. 'Cosmetically upgraded rotors' sure sounds tough:tongue: . Taking a stock blank rotor and making doodles on it with a mill doesn't make it a magical stopper it is still a stock rotor with pretty designs. Pad compound, biting edges, gas ports all help a little but it is not half the stopping differnece Brembos make. I don't like drilled for anything but light cars in Brembos. I cracked the hell out of my Brembos and I replaced them with slotted which were the untimate shizzle:bows .