PDA

View Full Version : 25 mph over / What to expect?

Sixpipes
12-22-2005, 04:32 PM
So what actually happens?

QDRHRSE
12-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Are you saying that you got a ticket for 25 mph over the limit? Out here its a mandatory court appearance and no traffic school.

tliss
12-22-2005, 04:47 PM
I think 25 over is the limit on being able to take defensive driving. If it was 26 I think you would be stuck with this thing hitting your record and paying the fine, but I could be wrong.

Tom

Silver_2000
12-22-2005, 04:47 PM
If it was me I would call a Ticket attorney

Texas Speeding Ticket Cost

The fine for speeding in Texas starts at $120.00 for 5mph over and there is a graduated scale up to $185.00 for 25mph over. Above 25mph you have to contact the court. Some courts may also be allowed to add surcharges so the only way to know exactly is to contact the clerk of court. Most Texas traffic courts will not accept a check so you will need to pay by money order or, if in person, they will also be very happy with cash.

from denton county
http://www.co.denton.tx.us/dept/main.asp?Dept=37&Link=139

Driver Safety Course

If you were charged with a moving violation other than speeding 25 or more miles over the posted speed limit, you may be able to require that this charge be dismissed by taking a driving safety course.

http://www.co.denton.tx.us/dept/main.asp?Dept=37&Link=142

Speeding Fines:

# Miles
Over Speed Limit Fine Amount
1 - 9
$145.00
10 - 14
15 - 19
20 - 24
25 - 29
30 & over

keynan
12-22-2005, 05:57 PM
call James R. Mallory @ 817-924-3236 his office is located 3024 Sandage
Fort Worth 76109 (by TCU) they are taking care of my ticket was 26 over.

tiffo60
12-22-2005, 06:58 PM
call James R. Mallory @ 817-924-3236 his office is located 3024 Sandage
Fort Worth 76109 (by TCU) they are taking care of my ticket was 26 over.

+1 i have sent him over 40 or so tickets so far and all is good

02BOLT
12-22-2005, 10:54 PM
+1 i have sent him over 40 or so tickets so far and all is good

:eek: Damn Tif! That's an a$$load of tickets right there bro.

jcblack
12-22-2005, 11:04 PM
I got a 30 over in Arlington and it didnt go on the record

03LightningRocks
12-22-2005, 11:10 PM
40 tickets!!! That has got to be some kind of record or something.

25 over??? I have yet to be caught for that much over. I have been pulled over after going that fast, but they always kicked it to the 14 mph over mark. Either luck or charm....:cool: .

Rocks

my2002lightning
12-23-2005, 04:22 AM
Dennis,

You might also contact Martin J. Rubin. He worked well for me.

According to them, it's all just a revenue-stream.:cool:

Ronald

Beaudee
12-23-2005, 11:24 AM
You dont need a lawer,do deferred judification pay the fine and behave for 60-90 days and its off your record.Thats about all a lawer can get you these days.The courts are making the rules harder to postpone dates without a serious excuse for not showing up.Over 25 you cant do def. driving.Welcome to the over 25 club:D .I am @the end of my last ticket in coppell.Coppell is the only city that i know of that wants you to come back exactly within one week of the 90 days and sign a sworn statement that you didn't get any more tickets:Bullshit .If you dont they put a warnt out and fine you again.I have deferred several tickets but this is the first time i ever heard of this.I was 86 in a 60 which was a estimate in the officers own mind,he never got me fair and square.:hammer:

tiffo60
12-23-2005, 01:17 PM
:eek: Damn Tif! That's an a$$load of tickets right there bro.

yeah i use to have no self control, but luckly i have settled down a lot, most of those was during my highschool career and a few after, but now i have other places i need to spend my money, but i have paved a few roads around texas

Sixpipes
12-23-2005, 01:37 PM
This is the story...

We have friends and relatives over at the house on Wednesday night for supper etc... Coming out of Denton and heading west to McKinney two of the guys pull up to the last stop light out of town and start giving each other the business about how their vehicle can kick the other guy's vehicle in the arse, so to speak. While the light is red, the argument escalates to a "grumpy ole men" like tirade with fists out the window and shouting. The light turns green and both guys floor it (one in a full-size Chevy Silverado V-8 and the other in an Infiniti FX). Six lanes of open highway ahead, they keep it to the floor and are still excelerating past 90 mph when two Denton County Sherriff's cars hit their lights. Seems they were so preoccupied with the arguing at the light, they forgot to check their rearview mirrors. The sherriff's deputies were sitting behind the guys at the light and took in all the trash talking about who would kick who's arse.

They were issued tickets for going 80 in a 55. It was also explained to them that they did have the authority to haul them off to jail, fine them $3,000 each for racing, and take their vehicles. The reason I ask is, one of the guys will be starting a new job after the first of the year and is concerned about the ticket showing up on his record since he will be driving a company car. Seems Denton County does not allow deferred for 25 and + over so both guys will have to appear in court.

Funny story, especially when you consider both guys are over 50 years old and one of the guys runs the Dairy Queens in Denton. When Mr. DQ arrived at the house, he still was very proud of the fact that his Silverado "held its own pretty good with that Japanese piece of crap". The fine is not the issue, just the record.

Seems the deputies got a pretty good laugh out of the whole thing especially when the guys stayed in character after being pulled over and continued to blame each other for the whole incident. They weren't quite as flipant about the incident when they realized the seriousness of getting a citation for street racing. :cool:

WA 2 FST
12-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Best of luck to both of them. They got off _so_ easy. I'm betting the judge will allow them to do deferred adjudication. I don't think an attorney is necessary for this.

It doesn't go on the record until you either 1) pay the fine or 2) show up in court and there is a verdict rendered. They should have 30+ days to show up in court. So he'll be at his new job before it shows up anyway. Once he's employed, and doing a good job, I doubt the company will continue to look up driving records, unless he were to give them reason to.

Anyway, I think they should both be very thankful (sounds like they are) the outcome wasn't much worse, and I also bet they get off when they show up in court.

Mark #2
12-23-2005, 03:37 PM
Funny story and those guys did get off lightly in today's world.
Another example of boys will be boys no matter what the chronological age.;)
I liked the grumpy old men reference.:D