PDA

View Full Version : Elaine and Baby-Zane were in an accident.

my2002lightning
01-14-2006, 04:21 AM
We think we're OK after the the ER MDs and Baby Dr. performed their Sonogram and Doppler tests at Allen Presbyterian this evening (well yesterday, technically).

Elaine and her female coworker took a pretty good jolt to the passenger aft 1/4 panel around noon today to our '05 Liberty. :o

Elaine was so upset for Baby-Zane's well-being, she couldn't write down the pertinate insurance info. from the soccer-mom that whacked them good, so that Elaine's co-worker had to scribe the info.

I busted-off 100-130 today running up 121 from Plano to Allen - Elaine and the Nurses busted my chops for that one. :evil

I'll be glad when they get all those bottle-necks ironed out on the 121. Get this, 911 in Frisco/Allen don't provide high-speed emergency
assistance.:cool:

It's weird how it's instinctive how you don't "almost" care about your own personal safety, only to be there for Wife and Baby-Zane.

Baby-Zane's a feisty youngster. knana The sonograms don't seem to agree with him. We will get a good couple of snap-shots/readings one minute and then he gets upset and the runs-off and the Sonogram Tech. has to find our youngster again. :)

Any TALON expecting Fathers been down this trail?

Many thanks,

Ronald

QDRHRSE
01-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Oh my god....I'm glad everyones ok.

SpeedyBolt
01-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Glad everyone is o.k.

I know what you mean about not caring about yourself when something like that happens. I drove an average of 120 getting to my wifes' wreck a few week ago.

Silver_2000
01-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Glad everyone is ok - Be careful about driving that fast when distracted .. The life yoiu save may be mine or someone I care about ....

You might consider registering a domain name and setting up a "Baby-Zane update" mailing list. It woiuld be a great vehicle for these kinds of updates and other Ronaldisms ....

Doug

skalywags
01-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Ronald, I hope everything is alright!
i went through a few emergency dashes when my kids were yunger, and when my ex had a wreck. That's all yu think about is - I need to get there to see how they are and help if possible.

tliss
01-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Ronald,

I'm glad everyone is OK. I could only imagine how scary that would be, but I know I'd be very worried.

Tom

wesman
01-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Glad everyone is OK Ronald :tu:

--wes

02BOLT
01-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Dadgum Ronald! I'm glad to hear that all is O.K. Thank Heaven no one was hurt.

gbgary
01-14-2006, 07:15 PM
glad to hear that all is ok!!! keep a close eye on them for the next few days.

my2002lightning
01-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Elaine and Baby-Zane seem to be fine this evening. :) I don't know what I'd do if something bad happened to our unborn-child.:o

I only hit the low-to-middle triple digit speeds on the wide-open 3-lanes ingressing to 75 as I respect everyone else's safety / well-being, as well.

It's some-what hard to explain the familial-bond we have when one of us is down - unless you've experienced it first-hand.

When Mom lost her right-arm in '86 in Ardmore, Dad beat the Medi-Vac helicopter to OKC. :o I love my parents dearly.:tu:

I've been playing/speaking with Baby this weekend and Elaine says he's responding well to my voice/etc.

I'm so looking forward to holding my Son, soon.:)

Ronald

Shiner1
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Ronald, Glad everyone is OK. Gotta take care of yourself as well.

my2002lightning
01-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Thanks Doug for your concern, but let's look at it this another way, perhaps. :cool::rolleyes:

Theoretically speaking, of course, 8-10+ Lightnings are shut-down by TDPS on their way to a certain East-Texas race-track at 140~ but that's OK and fun.:rolleyes::cool:

I hit 100-130mph dashing to make sure Elaine and Baby-Zane are fine.:)

Let's see? Breaking the law for high-speed show-boating is "OK", but it isn't when I need to get to the hospital ASAP to tend to Elaine and Baby.

I'm considering/planning my own web-space in the near-future.

Sorta' like Stern going Sirius.:D

Ronald

Glad everyone is ok - Be careful about driving that fast when distracted .. The life yoiu save may be mine or someone I care about ....

You might consider registering a domain name and setting up a "Baby-Zane update" mailing list. It woiuld be a great vehicle for these kinds of updates and other Ronaldisms ....

Doug

Silver_2000
01-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks Doug for your concern, but let's look at it this another way, perhaps. :cool::rolleyes:

Theoretically speaking, of course, 8-10+ Lightnings are shut-down by TDPS on their way to a certain East-Texas race-track at 140~ but that's OK and fun.:rolleyes::cool:

Let's see? Breaking the law for high-speed show-boating is "OK", but it isn't when I need to get to the hospital ASAP to tend to Elaine and Baby.

I'm considering/planning my own web-space in the near-future.

Sorta' like Stern going Sirius.:D

Ronald

Once again Ronald you missed the point ....

Moonshine
01-19-2006, 09:30 AM

But missing the point goes well with the incredible exaggeration. :rolleyes:

98Cobra
01-19-2006, 10:44 AM

Ronald

So a high speed run on interstate in East Texas is the same as 140 up the tollway?

Also curious what procedure the hospital was waiting on your arrival to perform. :tongue:

If you had been in an accident, you not only could have hurt/killed someone else, but there may not have been a Dad for baby Zane to grow up to. How would he learn the ways of the Ronaldism without nurturing? :D

Stay safe man....:tu:

tliss
01-19-2006, 11:31 AM
How would he learn the ways of the Ronaldism without nurturing? :D

OMFG!!! :rll: :rll: I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read that one! Sounds like a teaching of some sort of cult..."By eating the pudding you have proven to us that you are a full-fledged member of the Ku Klutz Klam, we can now teach you 'the ways of the Ronaldism'."

In any case, regardless of the situation keep it safe on the streets. One wrong move at 130-140 and it's over. Saving 5-10 minutes by taking that big a risk is not a bet you should be willing to make. I understand your concern (we made a trip to the emergency room yesterday, so I know how worried you were), but it's not worth the risk on these streets. Stay safe, keep it real, and remember that there is new person that is looking to you to make the right decisions.

Tom

my2002lightning
01-20-2006, 01:30 AM
Please explain, Doug. Until you've been a Father, I don't see that you can judge.:cool: I would like to hear this.:rolleyes:

Yes, it probably wasn't the safest trip to the hospital, but Doug, Brian, Garett and others, if you ever have children and you know if they are in harm... it's like a blown-fuse and you're there double-time to make sure all is good.:)

Garett,

We'll raise and nurture Baby-Zane abiding the ways of the Almighty :ron: :D

Tom,

Elaine and I hope all is well with you, Millie and Baby Liss.:tu:

Ronald

Silver_2000
01-20-2006, 03:05 AM
Please explain, Doug. Until you've been a Father, I don't see that you can judge.:cool: I would like to hear this.:rolleyes:

Yes, it probably wasn't the safest trip to the hospital, but Doug, Brian, Garett and others, if you ever have children and you know if they are in harm... it's like a blown-fuse and you're there double-time to make sure all is good.:)

Garett,

We'll raise and nurture Baby-Zane abiding the ways of the Almighty :ron: :D

Tom,

Elaine and I hope all is well with you, Millie and Baby Liss.:tu:

Ronald

Ronald
I wont even try to explain - Since you have declared yourself the fatherhood expert and made it clear that TALON members who aren't fathers cant understand. So I will go to a corner and sulk. On my way there ponder this. Is it possible that I have been as much of a father as you are ? Hmm... Think it over.

Since you insist I spell it out for you.

While you are thinking it over think about the difference between a driver who has lots of experience on the track ( 5 ontrack driver training courses, dozens of track sessions ) and the street driving rapidly and is totally focused on the task at hand. His head is not filled with other things. And another driver who of his own admission rarely drives fast, has never taken his truck on a track, and who's mind is totally consumed by things other than driving. Which driver is a bigger risk to himself and those around him ? We are not talking about judging or laws or moral or anything else, simply my original statement -
Be careful about driving that fast when distracted .. The life you save may be mine or someone I care about ....

But then again I have no right to say anything because in your all knowing mind I couldn't even begin to understand what its like to be concerned about some one...
but Doug, Brian, Garett and others, if you ever have children and you know if they are in harm... it's like a blown-fuse and you're there double-time to make sure all is good.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
We poor childless members just couldn't understand. Give me a ****ing break. Do you think you are the first person to impregnate his wife or girlfriend ? Do me a huge favor and register zanes-world.com or something because I'm getting sick of this ....

Back on topic - I was simply beseeching you to be careful when you mind isn't in the game. It was good advice then and is good advice now.

98Cobra
01-20-2006, 10:09 AM
+1 What Doug Said

Showtime
01-20-2006, 11:01 AM
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03LightningRocks
01-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Wow.....I can't believe I missed this one!!!!!!!!

I have some bets to make.
I bet it was a fender bender and :ron: made more out of it than it was.

I bet :ron: didn't get anywhere near the speeds he boasted about.

I bet if :ron: would put, "the", in front of baby he wouldn't look like a retard when he makes a post about THE baby.

I bet :ron: goes ape sh!t when he reads my post....:rll: :rll: :rll: .

Rocks:evil

98Cobra
01-20-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm not taking any of those bets! :D

L8 APEX
01-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Post a pic of the accident damage.

my2002lightning
01-24-2006, 01:31 AM
Doug,

I wasn't trying to start some sort of TALON jihad or what-not. :tongue: Besides, registering my own domain-name would be too easy and painless.:D

I won't comment/post-pics further regarding the accident as the insurance matter is on-going. :cool:

Uncle Rocks,

Yes, the speed was attained, the "the" is now dropped now-a-days when addressing Babies and I don't get riled at anything I read on here, besides. ;)

On a follow-up note, I now see why you fellers mod the living-hell out of your Ls and race whenever possible. :bows:nana2

I sorta' knew if I opened the proverbial Pandora's Box of the L's limits, there would be little chance of turning back.:cool:

Ronald

98Cobra
01-24-2006, 01:56 AM
BTW, zanes-world.com is apparently already taken.

Ronaldisms.com though is wide open...

:tongue:

Sixpipes
01-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Ignore Post button off - I think there are serious issues with people that live their lives vicariously through the internet. - Ignore Post button back on.