PDA

View Full Version : Sap Bw / R3 ?

my2002lightning
01-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Anyone here familiar with the BW / R3 ABAP / BAPI transports and how they all communicate?

From what I can tell it's all about listeners and ports, etc. What were those Crazy-SAP-Krauts thinking?:D

I have an opportunity to dive into it and would appreciate any input.

Many thanks,

Ronald

skalywags
01-17-2006, 01:54 AM
Anyone here familiar with the BW / R3 ABAP / BAPI transports and how they all communicate?

From what I can tell it's all about listeners and ports, etc. What were those Crazy-SAP-Krauts thinking?:D

Many thanks,

Ronald
and in English, you meant what?

my2002lightning
01-17-2006, 02:04 AM
All you Old-School IBM Big-Iron main-framers are all the same. ;)

It's like how Oracle 10g communicates via tnsnames.ora and odbc.ini files amongst other 10g boxes..

SAP BW/R3 uses the same setup in their saprfc.ini files and how one SunOS 5.8 box "talks" to another.

Fun stuff.

and in English, you meant what?

Silver_2000
01-17-2006, 09:08 AM

Many thanks,

Ronald

:ron2: WTF Ronald... :hammer:

gagspa
01-17-2006, 11:02 AM
I used to work on SAP R3 in the Warehouse Management portion, but it has been almost 6 years since I did it.

98Cobra
01-17-2006, 04:43 PM

Many thanks,

Ronald

I think they have forums for that stuff somewhere. :) I think you have breached the Off Topic fabric of TALON with this one. :D

skalywags
01-17-2006, 08:44 PM
All you Old-School IBM Big-Iron main-framers are all the same. ;)

It's like how Oracle 10g communicates via tnsnames.ora and odbc.ini files amongst other 10g boxes..

SAP BW/R3 uses the same setup in their saprfc.ini files and how one SunOS 5.8 box "talks" to another.

Fun stuff.
I'm just glad you really cleared it up with that jibberish!

Tex Arcana
01-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Simple answer: SAP sucks dead donkey appendages. That is all you need to know. :d

my2002lightning
01-18-2006, 01:39 AM
Be that as it may, consulting rates for the SAP BW/R3, PeopleSoft and Siebel rates with my software-suite are staving off the effects of low-buck off-shoring for us state-side IT guys. :rolleyes:

Wow, Garett. There are internet-based chat boards for other than Lightning related topics? What a novel concept.:D

Ronald

Simple answer: SAP sucks dead donkey appendages. That is all you need to know. :d

Tex Arcana
01-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Be that as it may, consulting rates for the SAP BW/R3, PeopleSoft and Siebel rates with my software-suite are staving off the effects of low-buck off-shoring for us state-side IT guys. :rolleyes:

Wow, Garett. There are internet-based chat boards for other than Lightning related topics? What a novel concept.:D

Ronald
SAP: straight from Germany, so where's the real money going?
PeopleSoft: I remember this form SMU: talk about a total "Charlie-Foxtrot", they could NEVER get it to work right to save their (PeopleSoft's) necks, to the point where the software crashed hard thanks to the "Y2K Bug". :nono:
Siebel: no idea, but sounds furrin.

My question is: why can't US programmers and IT guys make software here in the good ol' USofA, that works as advertised and keeps Americans employed?? Of course, this was a similar question asked about the SMU/PeopleSoft situation: why couldn't SMU write their OWN software, with all that programming brainpower they ahve over there?? :hammer: