PDA

View Full Version : Warning Brake pads

Mark #2
01-26-2006, 08:44 PM
If anyone is running aftermarket brake pads, be very careful they don't have the squealers on them. I inspect often, but am down to the backers on the front today. Must have been that short shut down area at the last track;)
Now time for rotors and pads, so what stockish stuff should I put in?
No caliper or 2000 wheel changes are the only rules.

Tex Arcana
01-27-2006, 12:58 AM
If anyone is running aftermarket brake pads, be very careful they don't have the squealers on them. I inspect often, but am down to the backers on the front today. Must have been that short shut down area at the last track;)
Now time for rotors and pads, so what stockish stuff should I put in?
No caliper or 2000 wheel changes are the only rules.

Actually, I think the stock pads would do you just fine. You're not open-tracking the truck (and drag racing does NOT count, you're barely using the brakes there :nono:), so you don't need anything beyond what you have, and at least the Motorcrafts have the squealers. :tu:

wesman
01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
EBC package is fairly inexpensive and a good improvement. Get some SS lines as well if you don't have them.

--wes

Mark #2
01-27-2006, 06:20 PM
EBC package is fairly inexpensive and a good improvement. Get some SS lines as well if you don't have them.

--wes

That is what I was thinking. I am not a fan of aftermarket brakelines that are not DOT or TUV certified, seen too many fail on Porsches.

wesman
01-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Goodridge Lines are DOT and TUV certified. I've used them on almost every car I've ever had. I'm not sure if they make a set for the Lightning tho.

--wes

dboat
01-27-2006, 07:27 PM

--wes

Mark,
Thats what I have and I think Rocks does too.. some of the folks that have driven my truck think the brakes are more impressive than the motor.. :confused:

But they really work well and they arent too $$...

Dana

Tex Arcana
01-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Goodridge Lines are DOT and TUV certified. I've used them on almost every car I've ever had. I'm not sure if they make a set for the Lightning tho.

--wes

That is what I was thinking. I am not a fan of aftermarket brakelines that are not DOT or TUV certified, seen too many fail on Porsches.

Stop-Tech sells DOT-aproved SS lines for our trucks, and I think TCE does as well.