PDA

View Full Version : Snuglid SL envy

dboat
02-02-2006, 05:46 AM
Ever since I saw Doug's vid of his new Snuglid on his new L, to be honest, I have been quite envious of its pop open feature. So, I came across this on NLOC I believe. I think I am going to do this mod to the truck.
What do you guys think?
Dana

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com:16080/Autoloc/Products/Products_TONNOS.lasso

I would definitely have to get the inside switch plus the remote..

Silver_2000
02-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Thats cool

Doug

DamonH
02-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Nice! But for $300 couldn't you sell your snuglid and buy the new one for about the same? :tu:

Silver_2000
02-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Nice! But for $300 couldn't you sell your snuglid and buy the new one for about the same? :tu:

Not really the Snuglid SL is the lid PLUS about the same $$ as the part above for the remote opener - which is an option..

dboat
02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
As I read it, this thing opens the lid all the way up too.

Seems worthwhile to me..
just want to hear from the other guys too..
Dana

dboat
02-03-2006, 04:11 AM
ttt

just looking for some more feedback..

BC Lightning
02-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Jeff and have talked about doing this to my truck for a while now. I still plan on doing it, main reason is so I can shave the locks off the bed cover and make it look better.

I'd say get them!!

wesman
02-03-2006, 12:44 PM
That's pretty sweet....Terry should become a authorized dealer :)

Then we need a group buy :D

--wes

tliss
02-03-2006, 02:19 PM
That is a pretty neat idea, just doesn't seem like something I would value. I don't put enough stuff in the bed of my truck to justify needing something like that. I could see the benefit of the quick popping locks on the SL, but it doesn't really take too much effort to lift the lid. Plus that whole assembly is a pretty big eyesore. The only reason I could see getting this is for the coolness factor of pushing a button and having the lid open for you. I can just see the first guy getting this at the next meeting, pushing the button, seeing the lid go up..seeing the lid go down, everyone at the meeting oooo-ing and ahhh-ing over it, and then it'll be yesterday's news. And the one that bought it will be proud and he'll probably regret it soon because it'll take 30 seconds to open the lid with the auto opener and it'll take one-two seconds to open it manually.

There's my $1.45

Tom

Tex Arcana
02-03-2006, 04:33 PM
That is a pretty neat idea, just doesn't seem like something I would value. I don't put enough stuff in the bed of my truck to justify needing something like that. I could see the benefit of the quick popping locks on the SL, but it doesn't really take too much effort to lift the lid. Plus that whole assembly is a pretty big eyesore. The only reason I could see getting this is for the coolness factor of pushing a button and having the lid open for you. I can just see the first guy getting this at the next meeting, pushing the button, seeing the lid go up..seeing the lid go down, everyone at the meeting oooo-ing and ahhh-ing over it, and then it'll be yesterday's news. And the one that bought it will be proud and he'll probably regret it soon because it'll take 30 seconds to open the lid with the auto opener and it'll take one-two seconds to open it manually.

There's my $1.45

Tom

I'm sorry, you're $1.43 over your daily allotment. Put your hands behind your back, please. You have the right to remain silent. Whatever you say can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attoerney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand these rights as I have read them to you, sir? :d

dboat
02-03-2006, 07:36 PM

There's my $1.45

Tom

Tom, I hear ya.. but we'd actually use one a lot.. It rains here a lot more than Dallas and it would actually be pretty handy.. the price seemed darned reasonable too.

I remember when I had the auto up switch installed in the L. :ron: told me that he will just use his finger, but I have to say on rainy days, or going thru the drive thru, etc.. I use it all the time and am glad I did that one too..
Just trying to make a great truck better.
Dana

True Blue Aggie
02-03-2006, 08:58 PM
We need Bad Rob to go ahead and buy a set, and then one of us can buy it from him. Its worked before, so why not now....:D