PDA

View Full Version : Ported blower

QDRHRSE
02-16-2006, 01:31 AM
I just agreed to buy a ported blower- it's a stage 3 Steig....it has the stamp, number, and all the other crap. Is that worth a decent amount of power or did I waste my $? Let's not dwell on the price...it was/is dirt cheap. I just want to know if that is a legit hp gain.

Tex Arcana
02-16-2006, 01:43 AM
I've read they work pretty well, and from what they do to it, it seems like you should see some good gains. :tu: What'd you give for it?

QDRHRSE
02-16-2006, 01:55 AM
Supposed to be $400. We'll see if it happens....the seller bought a whipple and wanted it sold fast. It's not in my garage yet.

Tex Arcana
02-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Supposed to be $400. We'll see if it happens....the seller bought a whipple and wanted it sold fast. It's not in my garage yet.

Is it the one for sale on NLOC? I won't yank it out from under you, I'm not looking to upgrade unless I get a killer deal I can't pass up.

03LightningRocks
02-16-2006, 02:32 AM
I just agreed to buy a ported blower- it's a stage 3 Steig....it has the stamp, number, and all the other crap. Is that worth a decent amount of power or did I waste my $? Let's not dwell on the price...it was/is dirt cheap. I just want to know if that is a legit hp gain.

The HP gains on ported blowers has been inconsistent. Some seem to gain more than others. I had one that gained me almost 3lbs of boost and around 40 HP. We had another member here at one time who gained about 8 HP with his port job and was not happy about it. One way to check on that particular blower is to search the posts of the guy selling it. You may find his posts from the time he had the porting done. He will either be going on about how much he liked it or moaning about how he doesn't feel good about it. If he got a good one, it is definitely:D worth what he is asking.

Rocks:cool:

dboat
02-16-2006, 03:41 AM
definnitly(sp?) Rocks:cool:

definitely:D