PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filters

Woodsman
02-21-2006, 11:21 AM
I am having soom trouble with the stock fuel filter. I use racing fuel from time to time (91 octane here in El Paso) my fuel filter element seems to expand, then limited fuel flow. Any suggestions? I am thinking of a metal mesh fuel filter to replace the stock one, comments.
:confused:

BC Lightning
02-21-2006, 12:28 PM
I use racing fuel from time to time (91 octane here in El Paso)

Not sure what race fuel you are using?? I use sunoco 104 race fuel, and run 93 all the time. Motorcraft is the best filter, IMO.

L8 APEX
02-21-2006, 03:19 PM
It is probably that El Paso gas:D . I am not aware of any other filters that will clip in the stock line fittings. We use Motorcraft filters and have good luck changing them every 10K or more often with race fuel.

Mark #2
02-21-2006, 09:51 PM
I am having soom trouble with the stock fuel filter. I use racing fuel from time to time (91 octane here in El Paso) my fuel filter element seems to expand, then limited fuel flow. Any suggestions? I am thinking of a metal mesh fuel filter to replace the stock one, comments.
:confused:

No expert here, just a Materials degree, but I don't see how racing gas would expand a cellulose membrane. I use racing gas too and have not seen this issue.