PDA

View Full Version : Predator Tuners?

MachineAddict
02-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Anyone in the area using the Diablo anymore? I'm currently running a tune by James and RWTD, but it's running a bit rich and killing some power. I've heard great things about PR but they're using the SCT now right? and I already have the Predator. Thanks in advance guys.

03LightningRocks
02-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Anyone in the area using the Diablo anymore? I'm currently running a tune by James and RWTD, but it's running a bit rich and killing some power. I've heard great things about PR but they're using the SCT now right? and I already have the Predator. Thanks in advance guys.

Sal at PSP does Predator tuning. If you are looking for someone closer to do a dyno tune, I don't know who does Predators in this area.

Truth is, if you are going to have to travel somewhere to get that Predator tuned, you may as well just get a SCT set up. Then the issue of finding a tuner gets allot easier.

Beaudee
02-22-2006, 05:44 AM
Throw it out the window and get Terry to tune it.:bows

rickgig
02-22-2006, 08:29 AM
I have one that I got as a gift from my son and have yet to do anything with it. He got it from RPMOutlet. I've heard the same thing about being too rich since the early versions of the unit were too lean and that was a worse problem.

Since my son bought it from RPMOutlet I can get unlimited custom tunes from them and the turn around time is supposed to be a day. I'll have to try it before I can say anything else on that.

I did a ton of homework on the unit since most tuners in our area use the SCT. I came up with some pretty good stuff on the unit so I am going to keeping it.

If you bought it new I'd contact the dealer. Otherwise try Sal or RPMOutlet. I am sure there will be a fee involved.

tiffo60
02-22-2006, 10:18 AM
theres a place in lewisville called HPP racing that suppose to b pretty good with tuning our trucks and they use the predator software, i wish terry would just bite the bullet and by the predator tuning software too so those of us that already have the pretador could use him to tune it but hes just doesnt seem to want to do it

L8 APEX
02-22-2006, 10:30 AM
I researched all tuning software out there before buying in to SCT. They were one of the best prospects and with the knowledge and support from Superchips 20+ years of experience it was a slam dunk. Even JDM left Superchips for SCT as Superchips did not give full control to anyone but three shops in the whole country. I tailor every tune the the individual and the truck. I don't even use SCT's base files like some less experienced shops that drag and drop SCT's base files. I have over 5 grand invested in SCT licensing and equipment. That is why I bought in and stuck in am sticking with SCT as they support their vendors quite well. I believe SCT is the most stable and thorough product I can use. If someone wants to front the Diablo dealer costs I would consider it. Probably between 2500-3 grand for Lightning stuff.

MachineAddict
02-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Well I guess I'll be seeing you (Terry) in two months. I'm going to have to travel to get it tuned no matter who does it since there is absolutely nothing around my area and I want a dyno tune. I'm running a 13.6 with a 6lb lower, ported eaton, and a few other things on a less than 60* day. Somethings not right and I'm guessing it's the tune.

BLACKSUNSHINE
02-23-2006, 04:40 PM
I've been running my predator for over 2 years with no problems. It came with a RPMoutlet pretune for a 4/6#. The A/F is right on the money with my 6#. I dyno'd 410/520 with it in warm weather. I know I could get more out of it w/ SCT, but the live data and logging feature is cool. Im happy w/ my predator.

rickgig
02-24-2006, 08:25 AM
I've been running my predator for over 2 years with no problems. It came with a RPMoutlet pretune for a 4/6#. The A/F is right on the money with my 6#. I dyno'd 410/520 with it in warm weather. I know I could get more out of it w/ SCT, but the live data and logging feature is cool. Im happy w/ my predator.

You been doing your own tuning or getting custom tunes from someone?

My son an I put a tune on his Harley when he first gave me the unit and it was nice but ran rich. Too rich in fact. He had a custom chip and tune put in later and his truck really woke up at 11.5 A/F.

MachineAddict
02-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Dyno'd a while back and the numbers were way low. But I had problems with the I/C being clogged. But anyway, a/f was 11.8 to 12.0 flatlined across the board and running 17* timing. The only other thing I could think of for a low 1/4 time would be maybe I'm pegging out my MAF. I checked it with the Predator and the highest it got was 4.75. I think they peg at 4.94 or something right? Thanks for any help.

tiffo60
02-25-2006, 01:10 PM
from what i understand they peg at 5v or 4.99 and higher