PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have hookup on ...

00Bolt
03-06-2006, 10:02 AM
tires and/or inspection?

got my new (new to me) mustang and it desperatly needs tires. 3 of them are BALD. Was lookin at some 245/45/17 Nitto 555 at DT for $122/ea and seems like a good deal but wondering if anyone had a hookup before I go and buy em...

and the car doesnt have cats on it, so curious where I could get it inspected at?? I think i will eventually change the exhaust a litle and put some high flow cats back on there and make it legal, but for now wondering where I can go??

gagspa
03-06-2006, 12:30 PM
tires and/or inspection?

got my new (new to me) mustang and it desperatly needs tires. 3 of them are BALD. Was lookin at some 245/45/17 Nitto 555 at DT for $122/ea and seems like a good deal but wondering if anyone had a hookup before I go and buy em...

and the car doesnt have cats on it, so curious where I could get it inspected at?? I think i will eventually change the exhaust a litle and put some high flow cats back on there and make it legal, but for now wondering where I can go??
What year is it? If it has OBDII and MIL Eliminators installed then it will still pass inspection unless they actually crawl under the car for a visual. My car has passed 3 times without cats at 2 different places.

00Bolt
03-06-2006, 12:35 PM

BC Lightning
03-06-2006, 05:08 PM
wont pass, it will have to go on a dyno and sniffer test, the only way I got my 1994 Gen 1 to pass was to have them hook up another car to the dyno and run the test, otherwise without a hookup it wont pass.

PoorSvtman
03-06-2006, 06:32 PM
i can probly get it done... let me find out and ill let you know...

skalywags
03-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Not trying to be a smart ass, but in the long run is the E-bay car going to be worth it? This is stuff that wasn't known about because it was in MI, right?

00Bolt
03-07-2006, 08:13 AM
well it wasnt a ebay car, and i knew both about the exhaust and the tires. tires werent a big deal breaker to me, and the exhaust i figure i can get done somewhere... have a couple people that may be able to now... but mike lmk, i can pay a little xtra for the services :D