PDA

View Full Version : Grand Am Rolex Series

skalywags
03-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Did you guys see the Grand Am Rolex race from Mexico? lap 74, if you haven't. It turned into a fist fight! looked better than some boxing matches. the only thing one of them could have done better is yank the other guys helmet off, first.

It was on Speed.

L8 APEX
03-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Yeah, they said one of them was a former pro NFL player. I am sure they were fined. It seems like all forms of sports and life is getting more violent.

Mark #2
03-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah, they said one of them was a former pro NFL player. I am sure they were fined. It seems like all forms of sports and life is getting more violent.

They are both suspended for the next race. That makes a statement about that series.

skalywags
03-06-2006, 03:39 PM
yeah, that guy did it last year, too, from what they say. You know this stuff has been happening for years - remember Yarborogh and Allison rolling around the infield at Daytona on national TV way back when. I've seen it quite a bit at the dirt tracks. It's just the emotions got a little in the way.
Actually I bet this kind of stuff used to happen more back in the day, before every move was followed by TV, and the other media. Personnally, it's not great sportsmanship, but at the same time it shows the emotion involved. I guess I don't view it so bad because of my hockey background. It's better they fight it out that way than with the car and hurt themselves and someone else.

L8 APEX
03-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Rolex is a long way from dirt tracks and nascar inbreds. I expect more from the higher levels of racing F1, GrandAm cup, American LaMans.

gbgary
03-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Rolex is a long way from dirt tracks and nascar inbreds. I expect more from the higher levels of racing F1, GrandAm cup, American LaMans.

lol. you're gonna hear it for that one.

dboat
03-06-2006, 10:12 PM

I would tend to agree with this comment..

Dana

Mark #2
03-06-2006, 10:31 PM
See my previous post, they suspended both for a race.
This says a lot to me about what they expect in this series, but NASCAR is suspending drivers recently for fighting too.
Harvick and Spencer that I recall.

http://nascar.about.com/cs/latestnews/a/buschspencer803.htm

Tex Arcana
03-07-2006, 06:22 PM
:rll: Buy, you are teh funneh... This is no more than CRASHCAR with swoopy bodies, and teh darma is the same except for the much lower Neilsen ratings. :rolleyes: And lumping Grand scAm in with F1, ALMS, and others is like calling wrestling a sport on par with the NFL or NHL.

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me to find the whole damn thing wsa scripted to get the hockey fans to tune in. :hammer:

Tex Arcana
03-07-2006, 06:23 PM
lol. you're gonna hear it for that one.
Only problem is that Grand scAm is as inbred as CRASHCAR... :eek: