PDA

View Full Version : yes im jealous

Silver_2000
03-15-2006, 05:47 PM
"im 21 and my Lightning is my second car to my Escalade"

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2069724#post2069724

Wht95Lightning
03-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Be glad you don't have to put gas in it.

03LightningRocks
03-16-2006, 01:00 AM
Things did not go that well for me at 21. I could hardly afford my Trailer House payment at 21...LOL. It was 225.00 plus 150 bucks for the lot rental. I had my kids thinking Rabbit and Squirrel made the best eating stew. Spring time we really lived high on the hog...crappie started biting again and the warden out on Lake Dallas never bothered to check the local guys for limit violations. I had alot of pride in my Mercury Montery. It was 10 years old, but paid off. Insurance??? Who the hell needed insurance? LOL...If I wrecked it, I could just beat the fender off the tire and move on down the road. Yep...that kid spends more money on 2 vehicles per year than I made when I was 21. He probably has wealthy parents hidden somewhere off the forums.

PUMP
03-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Things did not go that well for me at 21. I could hardly afford my Trailer House payment at 21...LOL. It was 225.00 plus 150 bucks for the lot rental. I had my kids thinking Rabbit and Squirrel made the best eating stew. Spring time we really lived high on the hog...crappie started biting again and the warden out on Lake Dallas never bothered to check the local guys for limit violations. I had alot of pride in my Mercury Montery. It was 10 years old, but paid off. Insurance??? Who the hell needed insurance? LOL...If I wrecked it, I could just beat the fender off the tire and move on down the road. Yep...that kid spends more money on 2 vehicles per year than I made when I was 21. He probably has wealthy parents hidden somewhere off the forums.
Amen to what it was like at 21:eek:
When people talk about the "good old days" I say :Bullshit I like it from where I am at now a lot better knana If your 21, own an Escalade and an L, then you probably need insurance only because the law requires it. Self insurance (or financial back up from parents) would be the waynto go IMHO.

tliss
03-16-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm surprised nobody has called BS on that...when I was 21 I was in college living at home and driving a POS Ford Ranger that cost $9K new. There is no way I could have afforded to live on my own, much less own a $50K+ vehicle and a $30K plus vehicle. I bet junior there is claiming his daddy's Escalade as his own and they probably bought him the Lightning. That's the only logical explanation, if the story is true...

Tom

Silver_2000
03-16-2006, 01:07 PM
read the post - he now claims to have 3 cars ...

As Tom stated its likly BS - Im not jealous anymore

No one needs 3 vehicles escpecially not at 21

tiffo60
03-16-2006, 01:25 PM
dont be suprised there are some kids out there with thick trust funds that they can dip into when ever they like, one of my friends got an 03 escalade truck brand new and the when and put 3k stereo in it with a 5k set of wheels. and he was only 16

tliss
03-16-2006, 02:07 PM
dont be suprised there are some kids out there with thick trust funds that they can dip into when ever they like, one of my friends got an 03 escalade truck brand new and the when and put 3k stereo in it with a 5k set of wheels. and he was only 16

No matter how much money I have/make my kids will never have the ability to do that. Kids that have everything handed to them are never going to responsible in society IMO. There is value in coming from where most of us come from...not having anything...having to work hard for those things we do have and get makes us responsible and gives us skills. Silver spoons are for sissies :throw: .

And I bet that buddy of yours wrecked that truck and curbed those wheels.

Tom

Stinkbug
03-16-2006, 02:14 PM
No one needs 3 vehicles escpecially not at 21

Same thing the wife keeps telling me.:evil

tiffo60
03-16-2006, 04:30 PM
No matter how much money I have/make my kids will never have the ability to do that. Kids that have everything handed to them are never going to responsible in society IMO. There is value in coming from where most of us come from...not having anything...having to work hard for those things we do have and get makes us responsible and gives us skills. Silver spoons are for sissies :throw: .

And I bet that buddy of yours wrecked that truck and curbed those wheels.

Tom

as far as i know wheels made it through but he did run into the back of his chick one night:rll: