PDA

View Full Version : To

Mark #2
03-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Well what do ya'll think about TO coming to Dallas?

FRDRCING
03-19-2006, 08:35 PM
I just hope he doesn't pull the same stunt like he did in phily.

True Blue Aggie
03-19-2006, 09:04 PM
I'd pretty much overlook anything done by the Cowboys to see the Cowboys back in the Super Bowl...

Mika
03-19-2006, 09:07 PM
I hope that the Big Tuna cans TO the first time he acts a fool.

And he will act a fool, it's a matter of time....

Mika

dboat
03-19-2006, 09:28 PM
I am betting that if he steps out of line one time, Bill is going to kick his arse out.. wanta bet he has to get Bill's water for him at training camp?

otherwise, he can help make this a great team.. he has a tremendous load of talent.. when he wants to use it constructively.

Dana

BC Lightning
03-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Seen it before with Keyshawn at Tampa Bay, then got to Dallas and didnt hear a peep.

I read in the Dallas Morning News two or three days ago that T.O. had 45 catches for 700+ yards, and still missed 9 games. Cowboys havent had a 1,000+ yard reciever since 2000 and Havent had a Pro Bowl reciever since Michael Irvin. If he can help them to the Super Bowl, most will over look the celebration in the middle of the star at Texas Stadium

Sixpipes
03-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Dallas just contracted cancer. Hope I'm wrong. :cool:

98Cobra
03-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Extremely disappointed. Even if he energizes out offense, is it worth the inevitable problems that come with employing a spoiled brat like TO? Aren't we cheapening "America's Team" by employing a player who doesn't know what "team" means?

:mad:

L8 APEX
03-20-2006, 12:00 AM
I haven't followed the boys since Johnson left. I don't think I will support them again until Jones is gone. He sure reminds me a lot of Mr. Burns...
http://uplink.space.com/attachments/350729-MrBurns.gif

wesman
03-20-2006, 12:59 AM
If he behaves, he will do the team well. I think he is the best WR in the league. He just needs a little counseling :)

--wes

skalywags
03-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Aren't we cheapening "America's Team" by employing a player who doesn't know what "team" means?

:mad:
I think that was done years ago.

Beaudee
03-20-2006, 03:38 AM
I can't wait to tell M. Irvin that T.O. is better than him.:rll: :rll:Hopefully he will last without being on the injured list.

dboat
03-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Is there any chance that they will resign Keyshawn too?

StormShadow
03-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Want to bet his first touchdown celebration is to run to midfield and shine the star?

tliss
03-20-2006, 10:14 AM
He badmouthed Donovan McNabb who has more talent than Drew Bledsoe can dream of having...I think TO will be a cancer on this team as well and Bill will can his ass. I hope Jerry Jones was smart enough to put a clause in the contract that says if TO acts up he gets fired and gets no cash. I seriously doubt TO will stay in line.

Tom

Lyfisin
03-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Is there any chance that they will resign Keyshawn too?

No chance. He was cut to avoid paying him a signing bonus.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-keyshawncut&prov=ap&type=lgns

wesman
03-20-2006, 10:33 AM
He badmouthed Donovan McNabb who has more talent than Drew Bledsoe can dream of having...I think TO will be a cancer on this team as well and Bill will can his ass. I hope Jerry Jones was smart enough to put a clause in the contract that says if TO acts up he gets fired and gets no cash. I seriously doubt TO will stay in line.

Tom

Nothing in the contract, and with the recent collective bargaining agreements that were just signed it's even more difficult to punish a bad apple. If he pulled the same thing he did in Philly here next year, all they can do is suspend him for 4 games, they can't de-activate, cut him etc.

--wes

tliss
03-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Nothing in the contract, and with the recent collective bargaining agreements that were just signed it's even more difficult to punish a bad apple. If he pulled the same thing he did in Philly here next year, all they can do is suspend him for 4 games, they can't de-activate, cut him etc.

--wes

Well then the Cowboys made a serious mistake. Jerry Jones will eat crow for sure on this one. This will probably lead to Bill resigning then...and a whole lot of players wanting to leave the team. TO is not good for any team. He will badmouth people on the team and b!tch about not getting the ball. I hope one of the linemen at least knocks some of his teeth out in training camp!

Tom

StormShadow
03-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Well then the Cowboys made a serious mistake. Jerry Jones will eat crow for sure on this one. This will probably lead to Bill resigning then...and a whole lot of players wanting to leave the team. TO is not good for any team. He will badmouth people on the team and b!tch about not getting the ball. I hope one of the linemen at least knocks some of his teeth out in training camp!

Tom

George Teague said he hopes Jerry will sign him for a few weeks during training camp. :tu:

BC Lightning
03-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Dale Hansen is livid about TO coming to Dallas. I listened on 1310 today and last night on channel 8 and he said "whats coming from the sky is not rain but the tears of Landry" and that the rain is just the beginning of what is to come from TO. Really, everything he is saying is true. The Cowboys are pretty much screwed. If/when the Tuna does stop coaching after this year or next, what coach can come in and deal with a player like TO? Or if they get a younger less experienced QB?

Granted, hopefully he does have a head on his shoulders, and realize that yes he does get a guaranteed 10 million for this year, but will get canned and not get a roster bonus for next year if he acts up. Hopefully he will behave, but with his history in San Fran and Philly, I really doubt it. I have mixed feelings towards him though. I really do like TO for the fact that he can run his mouth and back it up on the field.

StormShadow
03-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Have you heard his song on his website? This guy would have fit in perfect with Deion and Irvin back in the day!

http://www.terrellowens.com/

Be sure to check out the video section of his site. Check out the MTV CRIBS of his house. He has a freakin basketball gym in his basement's basement.

Silver_2000
03-20-2006, 07:00 PM
In 2 days the site is competely cowboys slanted ...

Song is post Cowboys deal as well..

:banana:

dboat
03-20-2006, 09:00 PM
That is one nice crib... dang..

I be slummin'':crying:

Dana

BC Lightning
03-20-2006, 09:17 PM
If you think TO's house is nice, then you should have seen Shaq's Crib, not including his 2 story guest house its at about 65,000 square feet, it was so big, and he had so many cars it was the entire episode of cribs, where they usually show 3 houses. he said Michael Jackson had offered him close to 25,000,000 for the house

skalywags
03-21-2006, 09:50 AM
This stuff is funny! Eeryone is whining, saying they shouldn't have signed him. Just wait a few good, games no acting up, and the band wagon will start as usual. You'll hear "see, he's changed! what a job Bill did keeping him in line!" I can see it now!

98Cobra
03-21-2006, 09:54 AM
This stuff is funny! Eeryone is whining, saying they shouldn't have signed him. Just wait a few good, games no acting up, and the band wagon will start as usual. You'll hear "see, he's changed! what a job Bill did keeping him in line!" I can see it now!

The sad part is you are probably right. But *I* pledge never to support TO. Even if he is good all season, it cant last forever.

Wht95Lightning
03-21-2006, 10:23 AM
I quit being a Cowboys fan when they used/abused eminent domain to get property for the new stadium.
Jerry Jones will burn in hell. :flaming:

wesman
03-21-2006, 12:14 PM

I'm not a huge Cowboys fan, I cheer for them cause they're local. I'm from S. Florida and have been a Dolphins fan since I was a wee one. I can tell you now that I would love to have landed TO. It would have been a unstoppable offense.

Culpepper at QB
Chambers at WR
TO at WR
Ronnie Brown + Ricky Williams(when he's not taking drugs :rolleyes:) at RB's
Randy McMichael at TE

That's an offense.....but we'll make do :tongue:

--wes

Lyfisin
03-21-2006, 01:37 PM
been a Dolphins fan since I was a wee one.

Me too. I'm originally from Indiana, but they didn't have a team when I was growing up. Bob Griese went to Purdue and that was what made me become a fan. I was 9 or 10 years old, and to this day, I still hold a grudge against the Cowboys for beating them in '71.

When Marino was QB, like most people, I really thought they had a chance every year, but they just couldn't get it done even when they had the Marks brothers as wideouts. During those years, they didn't have much of a running game, or a D.

I was glad the Dolphins didn't get TO. I'd rather they spend the money on more long term prospects. Speaking of money, I heard Dallas is paying TO more this year than he would have made if he was in still in Philly.

BC Lightning
03-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Speaking of money, I heard Dallas is paying TO more this year than he would have made if he was in still in Philly.

Guaranteed $10 million for this year

Mika
03-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow, a Dolfan in Dallas?!?!? Is that possible?

Where from southern Florida are you from? I grewup in Lake Worth and West Palm. 561 represent!

Mika

dboat
03-21-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm not a huge Cowboys fan, I cheer for them cause they're local. I'm from S. Florida and have been a Dolphins fan since I was a wee one. I can tell you now that I would love to have landed TO. It would have been a unstoppable offense.

Culpepper at QB
Chambers at WR
TO at WR
Ronnie Brown + Ricky Williams(when he's not taking drugs :rolleyes:) at RB's
Randy McMichael at TE

That's an offense.....but we'll make do :tongue:

--wes

Wes,
Miami doesnt need him.. you have got the makings of some real offensive firepower, esp if Ricky doesnt toke it up too much.. :evil

The defense usually is pretty decent there too.. good head coach on top of all of it.. should be making the playoffs in my book..

Dana

Lyfisin
03-22-2006, 07:42 AM
Miami doesnt need him.. you have got the makings of some real offensive firepower, esp if Ricky doesnt toke it up too much.. :evil

Ricky's already gone for the '06 season unless he wins his appeal. He failed a substance abuse test in February.

Go Ronnie Brown!

Mika
03-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Ricky's already gone for the '06 season unless he wins his appeal. He failed a substance abuse test in February.

Go Ronnie Brown!

HAHA. Surprise, surprise. The doobie roller failed a substance abuse test. With all his experience, he should know how to pass 'em by now.

I think the Dolphins shouldn't have ever given him a second chance. Heck, he failed like 3 tests in 1 year. Dolphins= bring 'em back, he's a good kid. NOT!

Mika

wesman
03-22-2006, 09:27 AM

Go Ronnie Brown!

Yeah, reports I've seen have said it's not weed. They're saying it's one of the herbs that he takes for his religion. We shall see.

I think Ronnie will do just fine. However, I'd prefer to have Ricky back, for nothing else than to get him established for trade bait next year.

--wes

Wht95Lightning
03-22-2006, 10:16 AM
An article in this mornings paper pretty much sums it up.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/14142299.htm

Signing Owens an unholy bargain

JIM REEVES

In My Opinion

The day after The Prince of Darkness arrived in town, I went to church.
I hope you did the same. If I were Catholic, I'd be tempted to bathe in holy water on a daily basis, as long as Terrell Owens is a Cowboy.
The first guy I see Sunday morning puts it to me square.
"The Cowboys just sold their soul," he said, and his glare would have curdled fresh milk.
This is what the Cowboys' owner doesn't seem to understand, for all his claims of being "sensitive" to how the fans and media feel about the signing of T.O.
He doesn't understand that being able to feel good about themselves and about their team matters to most fans. It matters a great deal. And it's not just about winning. It's about winning the right way.
Jones made the classic Faustian trade-off. For one more chance at glory, for another go-round at the brass ring, he sold his soul to the devil.
The devil, in this case, just happens to be named Terrell Owens, who also brought along his personal butt-kisser, a rodent named Drew Rosenhaus. Rosenhaus is to Owens what the bug-eating Renfield was to Dracula.
Just wondering, but did anybody else out there feel like rushing to the shower the first time Rosenhaus opened his mouth at Saturday's introductory news conference?
Next question!
Jones isn't the first to make this sort of unholy bargain. It's a theme that runs through literature and sports.
The Rangers' John Hart did it on a lesser scale with John Rocker, but I challenge anyone to figure out the trader and the tradee in that deal.
Joe Hardy, the fictional aging Washington Senators fan, made the same swap, soul for success, in the great Broadway musical "Damn Yankees."
All he wanted, more than anything, was for his Senators to beat the Yankees and win the pennant.
Daniel Webster ... well, you get the idea. The list goes on and on.
What would you give for the one thing you want most in the world? Anything? For many of us, it's a stomach-churning choice that we want no part of, not now, not anytime.
Where do you draw the line when it comes to integrity? What's the cutoff point for character? How much will you put up with for a chance to win another Super Bowl?
There's another faction out there, and I hear from them almost every day, that doesn't give a rat's patootie about character or integrity, or what a player does when he's not between the white lines. All they care about is whether he can produce or not.
They're the ones who tell me they're not interested in how much steroids Barry Bonds has pumped into his body, or how many lines of coke so-and-so does after games, or whether any of them beat up their wives, or steal purses from old ladies down at the local Albertsons.
All they care about is how many home runs they hit, or how many touchdowns they score and how many wins that produces for the home team.
I like to think that's the vocal minority, but sometimes I'm not so sure.
What most of us had hoped, I truly believe, is that Jerry would take the high moral ground, and don't try to tell me there's no such thing in sports.
What we hoped was that Jerry would resist the temptation to take a shortcut, to gamble the Cowboys' future on a selfish, self-centered, "me, me, me" player who has made a career of destroying organizations, not winning Super Bowls for them.
What we wanted to hear was that the Cowboys believed in the concept of "team," not the individual.
What we longed to hear Jones say was that Terrell Owens didn't measure up to the image of what a Cowboys player should be as a human being. We wanted to be reassured that the Cowboys, their mid-'90s past notwithstanding, really do stand for character and integrity.
Instead, Jerry insulted your intelligence by telling you how "sensitive" he is to how the fans feel when what he means is that he's absolutely sure that if Owens helps the Cowboys win games, you'll forget all about how badly you feel right now.
Sadly, he's probably right.
"These guys have fallen in love already," Rosenhaus gushed as he nodded toward Jerry and T.O. "On the jet here, the bond they established was moving ... moving."
It's moving me toward the bathroom ... to vomit.
And where is Bill Parcells in all this? Is he that desperate to win one more time to salvage what's left of his legacy? It would be better if he just stayed in Florida with his buddy Tony La Russa and become the Cardinals' hitting coach.
"I've always been a good teammate," Owens insisted. "You can't believe what you hear all the time."
Yeah, you're right, T.O. Everybody else in the world is wrong, and you're right.
What he will do, if Drew Bledsoe has time to throw the ball, is catch passes and score touchdowns. There's every chance that he will give the Cowboys a great year, maybe even a year to remember.
A Super Bowl? He's never won one, but he did help the Eagles get there in his first season in Philly.
Will the bargain be worth it then?
That's the problem, you see. When you dance with the devil, at some point you still have to pay the piper.
And when that bill comes due, it'll be personally hand-delivered by the P.O.D., and it'll be like no other Jerry has ever seen.
Jim Reeves, (817) 390-7760 jreeves@star-telegram.com (jreeves@star-telegram.com)

Tex Arcana
03-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Dale Hansen is livid about TO coming to Dallas. I listened on 1310 today and last night on channel 8 and he said "whats coming from the sky is not rain but the tears of Landry" and that the rain is just the beginning of what is to come from TO. Really, everything he is saying is true. The Cowboys are pretty much screwed. If/when the Tuna does stop coaching after this year or next, what coach can come in and deal with a player like TO? Or if they get a younger less experienced QB?

Granted, hopefully he does have a head on his shoulders, and realize that yes he does get a guaranteed 10 million for this year, but will get canned and not get a roster bonus for next year if he acts up. Hopefully he will behave, but with his history in San Fran and Philly, I really doubt it. I have mixed feelings towards him though. I really do like TO for the fact that he can run his mouth and back it up on the field.

Does this mean with the Cowboy/Ticket deal (talk about dealin' with the devil) that Hansen will no longer be doing his show anymore?? :bs

I can't belive they gave up this much money to bring in a known dickhead. He *might* behave this year, but I can't see this team going anywhere, especially when people like Johnson and Campbell are gone.

Oh, btw: Who in the HELL ever decided Terry Glenn is a good reciever?? That fokker turns into alligator arms every time he hears footsteps within a parsec of him. :hammer: Even Aikman called him "alligator arms" on national TV!! :evil

The Cowboys will die from this, if not this year, then next year. And the fans won't care--hell, the average fan would hold the steroid syringe for them if they thought it would help 'em win. :nono: