PDA

View Full Version : New Shoes

gagspa
03-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Well, the wife came home last night with a low tire. I check the pressure and it was only 15. We added air up to 38 to see how long it lasted. By this morning it was down to 29, so I put the spare on and will be looking for new shoes. They really needed to be replaced a couple of months ago, but I was trying to get every last mile out of them. I had the front two Goodyears replaced at the dealership 6 months ago so I'll just be looking for two.

Discount tire says that I will have to order regardless of the brand. I will probably go with the Hankook's just because of the long life of the tire. I'll put them on the front and put the F1's on the back.

Right now I was quoted $183 for the Hankooks, $222 for the Nittos, and $234 for the Goodyears. They told me that it would be between 1-3 weeks.

Silver_2000
03-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Well, the wife came home last night with a low tire. I check the pressure and it was only 15. We added air up to 38 to see how long it lasted. By this morning it was down to 29, so I put the spare on and will be looking for new shoes. They really needed to be replaced a couple of months ago, but I was trying to get every last mile out of them. I had the front two Goodyears replaced at the dealership 6 months ago so I'll just be looking for two.

Discount tire says that I will have to order regardless of the brand. I will probably go with the Hankook's just because of the long life of the tire. I'll put them on the front and put the F1's on the back.

Right now I was quoted $183 for the Hankooks, $222 for the Nittos, and $234 for the Goodyears. They told me that it would be between 1-3 weeks.

Call NTB and tell them you got an internet price of 200 for the Goodyears. They are in stock in Dallas

gagspa
03-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Call NTB and tell them you got an internet price of 200 for the Goodyears. They are in stock in Dallas
When I went to NTB last week for an alignment I asked if they would price match. They told me no. Ever since they were bought buy Tire Kingdom their prices have gone up and their customer service has gone down.

I'm actually interested in trying the Hankooks. My wife is putting too many miles on the L for me to keep buying 20,000mile tires. But if I can't find them I may have to settle for the Goodyears or Nittos.

SpeedyBolt
03-23-2006, 04:37 PM
I got TOYO Proxes for my truck. They are chaper than Nitto's but a tad more than the Hankook. I like the tread pattern alot more on the TOYO's also.

Silver_2000
03-23-2006, 04:41 PM
When I went to NTB last week for an alignment I asked if they would price match. They told me no. Ever since they were bought buy Tire Kingdom their prices have gone up and their customer service has gone down.

I'm actually interested in trying the Hankooks. My wife is putting too many miles on the L for me to keep buying 20,000mile tires. But if I can't find them I may have to settle for the Goodyears or Nittos.

It depends on the store - just got them to deal on some tires for me

Tex Arcana
03-24-2006, 12:28 AM
My wife is putting too many miles on the L...
Who's truck *is* it, anyway?? :nono:

Tex Arcana
03-24-2006, 12:31 AM
It depends on the store - just got them to deal on some tires for me

Admit it, you used that aluminum bat to "extract" a deal...:d

my2002lightning
03-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Dee / Stone-Cold,

I've been running the Toyo's since ~18k and I'm at 41k+ now. They have a long tread-life, but I'm retiring the L from semi-active daily-driving duty. Still alot of good tread left on them.:tu:

They're leather-boot tough, but slick. After the new blower / IC cleaning, I can spin them all the away and further through the 121 intersections. knana

Very good street tire for a daily-driven L, IMO.

Ronald

DWSmooth
03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
I have 2 Nittos that came off the front of my L when I got new tires. You are welcome to them if you want. They have enough tread to last a few months on them.

Let me know and you can have them, wife wants them out of the garage.

David
972-522-8777

gagspa
03-24-2006, 11:33 AM
I stopped by DT after work yesterday and had them order me two Hankooks. They didn't offer me the Toyos and I prefered not to internet order. Otherwise they sound like they could have been a good option. I got them for $160/each. Now I am trying to decide if I want the free replacement warranty or not. I don't usually buy it because the tires don't last long enough. But since these tires will hopefully last longer I am considering it.

Who's truck *is* it, anyway?? :nono:

The truck is my wife's. When we first bought it she only drove 7 miles/day. But after buying our house it is about 35-40miles/day. The Bullitt is paid off in October and we then plan to get her another DD. She loves driving it too much to never drive it, and I figure that it is only a truck so she might as well enjoy it. At least with a third car the L will only be driven on weekends and Fridays. Worse case scenario we will run the wheels off of it and then pick up a low-mileage used one later down the road. It's not really that big of a deal to me. We enjoy driving our cars.