PDA

View Full Version : Nav units...

98Cobra
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Anyone familiar with the current crop of nav units? I have been really considering the avic-d2. Integrated DVD, MP3, Nav - and can add XM/Navtraffic. Dunno if there will be a bluetooth module though.

Just looking for some good opinions...

Moonshine
04-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Can't help with your question, and not to hijack, but does anyone have a portable nav system that might be loaned or rented in late May?

Mark #2
04-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Anyone familiar with the current crop of nav units? I have been really considering the avic-d2. Integrated DVD, MP3, Nav - and can add XM/Navtraffic. Dunno if there will be a bluetooth module though.

I haven't used any of this technology yet.

Cammin4V
04-14-2006, 06:09 PM

That avic is a very good unit with lots of capability.

What exactly are you looking for with the unit? Strictly nav and dvd or just nav? tv? adding a gaming system?

dboat
04-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Can't help with your question, and not to hijack, but does anyone have a portable nav system that might be loaned or rented in late May?

I'd let you borrow mine, want me to mail it to you?

Dana

Moonshine
04-14-2006, 07:25 PM
I'd let you borrow mine, want me to mail it to you?

Dana

I might if I don't locate one locally. I'd need it for a week in late May. Thanks Dana.

dboat
04-14-2006, 08:12 PM
I might if I don't locate one locally. I'd need it for a week in late May. Thanks Dana.
:tu:

L8 APEX
04-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Kendwood is the best performance for price IMO for touch screen in dash stuff. I bought my brother an AVIC N1 just like Rocks has for his graduation. The biggest draw back is that the head unit is the DVD player for the NAV so to use it you have to insert the Nav DVD into the head unit. This sucks if you want to listen to your CD's instead. It also has noisy cooling fans and is a little elementary in its functions. Both the Kenwood and Alpine have a stand alone Nav DVD player. So you can leave your CD in the head unit and use NAv at the same time. I have the 815 head unit and 3100nav unit, the current model is 4100 I think. Make sure and get a CURRENT nav DVD with whatever system you buy. My DVD is from 03 and it has let me down on new roads and stores. The ALpine nav unit is twice as expensive as the Kenwood when I was buying. The drawback to the combo unit head units is having to install the nav dvd all the damn time! A few buds switched to Alpine for the IPod interface built in.