PDA

View Full Version : Got a ticket in Travis county today - Also saw Logan

Aggie Mom
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
I was in Travis county on 35 and got a ticket for 85 in a 60 and DPS asked me why I was driving so fast and I told them my chihuahua likes to drive fast so he laughed and wrote me a ticket for 75 in a 60. Actually he was kinda cool.

I later saw Logan blow by at 100 + in his Harley truck
Cool truck - sounds good - I want mine to sound like his

Anyone have any Lawyer contacts that work on Travis county tickets ?

I would love to avoid the big $$

Aggie Mom

03LightningRocks
04-22-2006, 10:28 PM
I was in Travis county on 35 and got a ticket for 85 in a 60 and DPS asked me why I was driving so fast and I told them my chihuahua likes to drive fast so he laughed and wrote me a ticket for 75 in a 60. Actually he was kinda cool.

I later saw Logan blow by at 100 + in his Harley truck
Cool truck - sounds good - I want mine to sound like his

Anyone have any Lawyer contacts that work on Travis county tickets ?

I would love to avoid the big $$

Aggie Mom

Do the defensive driving bit. They let you take it online now, so you can just do a little bit here and a little bit there. Poof...ticket gone.

By the way...my daughters chihuahua likes to drive her mustang fast. He just get's pissed if the AC is blowing on him...:D

Logan
04-23-2006, 08:46 AM
...and unfortunately Travis County doesn't do Deferred Adjudication for traffic offenses these days... So, pretty much your only route is defensive driving...

I was on my way up to the grapevine chuck's cruise... If for nothing else than to remind me why I don't drive 2 hours to go to a car show. :)

Terry did the exhaust on the truck. It's running long Dynatech Long tubes, high flow cats and a Magnaflow twin-in/out with X Pipe... Terry went all out in that it's completely stainless front to back...

http://www.trilogyf150.com/gallery/data/Exhaust_Heat_Exchanger/exh_under.jpg

gbgary
04-23-2006, 10:22 AM
damn. that exhaust is a thing of beauty.

Aggie Mom
04-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Looks like defensive driving class (online) for me. I didn't even realize the speed limit was 60 on IH35 in Austin. Usually the dog is pretty good at spotting DPS for me! Time to get a V-1.

03LightningRocks
04-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Looks like defensive driving class (online) for me. I didn't even realize the speed limit was 60 on IH35 in Austin. Usually the dog is pretty good at spotting DPS for me! Time to get a V-1.

Sounds to me like this whole mess is the dogs fault. You should make him do the defensive driving class for you...;) .

Aggie Mom
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM
I think you may very well be right about the dog. I babysat my friends 2 dogs for a week and my dog hasn't got over it yet. I keep finding dog food in my shoes, etc. I think she set me up with DPS. She had a guilty look and seemed very please with herself when I got pulled over. :tongue:

03LightningRocks
04-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Typical Chihuahua behavior. You just can't trust the sneaky little bastards.