PDA

View Full Version : Exhast woes...

TXBLU
05-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Well, I installed the Magnaflow cat-back system (thanks to the wife!!!) on my truck a couple of years ago, and have really enjoyed the mellow sound without it being obnoxiously loud. About a week ago, I started hearing a rattling sound at idle in drive. If I brought the revs up, or started rolling down the steet, no rattle. I suspected a cat coming loose like the one that let go on my '86 Mustang GT. Well, I crawled under the truck today and banged around on the exhaust until I found the source; the Magnaflow muffler.:flaming:

After removing and examining the muffler, I discovered that the baffling inside the muffler has cracked and come loose. I talked to a guy at O'Riley's and he said to bring in my receipt and he would order me up a new one. Meanwhile, the original mufflers are going back on after i get some new clamps.

Wish me luck on not having any hassles getting the warranty honored!!!

Anybody else have problems with the Magnaflows????

TP Derrick D
05-17-2006, 05:19 PM
I haven't had that problem with my Magnaflow's yet, but like you I had that problem on my Mustang with Flow Path. They had been on 8 years or so, so I blew it off as old age and replaced them with 2 chamber Flowmasters.

Tex Arcana
05-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I've had mine 4 years this June, no rattles or anything.