PDA

View Full Version : Lightning a/c check?

L-Fever
05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
I think I might be low on freon. Anyone recomendations besides a Ford dealer?

Mark #2
05-23-2006, 02:08 PM
I think I might be low on freon. Anyone recomendations besides a Ford dealer?

Have had good luck here.
http://www.mccainsauto.com/

DamonH
05-23-2006, 05:44 PM
I actually just did this yesterday. I stopped by "drivers edge" in Lewisville because it said something along the lines of "AC check $29.95" on the sign. I knew I was low on freon, and figured I'd just go in and have them top it off. We all know how it goes, they came back with, "well, you have a few leaks. It's going to be $659.00. Sign here and we'll get to work!". I quickly gave them the F--- Y-- and told them to just top it off and I'll worry about the leaks. Basically I wouldn't recommend you take it there. At least it blows cold again!

L-Fever
05-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the info and heads up!

Tex Arcana
05-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Have had good luck here.
http://www.mccainsauto.com/

Wow, are they still around?? They services the AC on our old '88 Topaz... what a pile of junk that was. :evil

Mark #2
05-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Wow, are they still around?? They services the AC on our old '88 Topaz... what a pile of junk that was. :evil
Yup, just moved from the 75 access road to Floyd circle. Same guys for the past 20 years.

mustgofaster
06-01-2006, 12:44 PM
I live in Arlington, but I work in Farmers Branch... Point being; If you can meet up with me somewhere, I can put a set of guages on it for you to see where you are at.

Steve

L-Fever
06-01-2006, 01:09 PM
I live in Arlington, but I work in Farmers Branch... Point being; If you can meet up with me somewhere, I can put a set of guages on it for you to see where you are at.

Steve

Cool, I work in Carrollton monday through wednesdays. Let me know where and when. I'm free at lunchtime on those three days of the week.

Steve

mustgofaster
06-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Cool, I work in Carrollton monday through wednesdays. Let me know where and when. I'm free at lunchtime on those three days of the week.

Steve

Monday would probably be the best day for me. What time is your lunch? I work near Valley View & 35... how far from me are you?

L-Fever
06-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Monday would probably be the best day for me. What time is your lunch? I work near Valley View & 35... how far from me are you?
I can break for lunch at anytime. My office is on beltline and webbs chapel, not too far from josy lane. Valley view and 35 is real close.

mustgofaster
06-01-2006, 02:11 PM
I can break for lunch at anytime. My office is on beltline and webbs chapel, not too far from josy lane. Valley view and 35 is real close.

Is there any possibility that you can come to my work? ... I only get 1/2 hr for lunch. I'll PM you the addy & my cell #.

L-Fever
06-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Is there any possibility that you can come to my work? ... I only get 1/2 hr for lunch. I'll PM you the addy & my cell #.

:tu: