PDA

View Full Version : 20" chrome L wheels stolen!

L8 APEX
11-07-2002, 02:14 PM
I got a call from a customer this morning he went out the front door to find his 02 HD on blocks! The perps went through the slider and got his wheel lock key out of the glove box. (You may want to rig a small bar to block the slider shut). They never opened a door so the aftermarket alarm never went off. NOTE: Hide your wheel lock key elsewhere! Do not keep it in the glovebox in any vehicle. This is getting common with stolen locked wheels. Anyway these are chrome 20" L wheels with Dunlop SP9000 rubber and SVT center caps.
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-608-21667.jpg
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-218-37717.jpg
Thanks to the TALON members Red 02 and jcblack! They let me borrow their spares so we could get his truck off blocks until insurance replaces the wheels. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing we can count on each other to help out:tu:

You know HD wheels and tires are 10K from the dealer:eek2: How is that for customer service? 3 spares delivered rounded up and installed before lunch! I had to sraighten the rear rotor dust shields since the blocks crushed them. The radio was screwed in so well they couldn't get it, LOL!
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-218-37718.jpg

Red2002
11-07-2002, 02:22 PM
Those pics are awful! :( Keep an eye out for someone selling some 'slightly used' wheels and tires. What a shame.

If it's kids, they're bound to brag to someone/anyone. Can't believe it.
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-36275.gif

wesman
11-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Wow...that sucks.

Almost happened to me as well....luckily the thief was mildly retarded or something.

Hope you find them.

--wes

99WhiteBeast
11-07-2002, 05:44 PM
That sucks:flaming:
May I ask what city this occured in?
I'll be on the look out this weekend at the swap meet in Arlington.

blueoval01
11-07-2002, 05:52 PM
:eek2: CHIT!!!
Is that David's HD?

L8 APEX
11-07-2002, 10:10 PM
Yeah it is David's HD:( It was in Lewisville around Hebron and Old Denton rd.

TXBLU
11-07-2002, 10:38 PM
Is it legal in Texas to forcibly ventilate someone with several 9mm holes if you catch them stealing your wheels/stereo/vehicle? I mean, if the guy doesn't survive the encounter, can't you just claim they came at you with a screwdriver/tire tool and you were just defending yourself? A friend of mine here at work had a guy try to break into his house (while he was home) and caught the scumbag reaching through a broken door window trying to unlock it. He grabbed the guys arm and cranked it around in the broken glass still attached to the door, and the would-be thief went screaming down the road. The cops told him he should have had his gun with him to shoot the S.O.B. and rid the streets of one more low-life! He said all that would happen to him was having to go down to the station for a few hours, then they would release him and give his gun back, no charges.

My truck stays in the garage and is parked in a secured lot at work (no I.D., no entry, DPS station across the street), and it's rarely left unattened otherwise.
Still, I'd like to know if I'm going to jail if I ever catch someone breaking into my Lightning!!!:hammer:

L8 APEX
11-08-2002, 12:52 AM
Moonshine can better quote the penal code. I think it is like this:
Texas penal code 9.42 A person is justified in using lethal force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property: (A) To prevent the other's imminent commision of arson, burglary, robbery, aggrevated robbery, theft durring the nighttime,or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committimg the above mentioned stuff + escaping with property, and (3) he reasonably believes that: (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. Key word here is durring the nightime.
Most guys get no-billed by the grand jury but it is a lot of stress to go through for a wheel or a radio. A few years back there was a G that crept up on some fools trying to break down his car with 102 spoke offset Daytons on it. He walked around the car with his SKS and a 30 round banana clip emptied the whole thing into the car killing 3-4 suspects. He straight smoked them fools yo! I think one of them had 16 rounds in him. He got no-billed:eek2:

Thumper SVO
11-08-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
A few years back there was a G that crept up on some fools trying to break down his car with Daytons on them. He walked around the car with his SKS and a 30 round banana clip emptied the whole thing into the car killing 3-4 suspects. He staight smoked them fools yo! He got no-billed:eek2:

I liked the way you worded that! L8APEX: Thugging straight outta' da' hood! LOL :tu:

Logan
11-08-2002, 09:23 AM
That damned disgusting.... I can't believe it.

I guess that's why my marauder never sits outside the garage, I'd flip a cork, go mental and kill everyone.

Wht95Lightning
11-08-2002, 10:18 AM
This is the 3rd incident I have heard about in the last month where the sliding back window was the point of entry.

That Sucks!

I used to have a Bronco. The radio was stolen twice. The second time I replaced it, I stuck a couple single edged razor blades to the head unit before I put the trim back on. Not even 72 hours later I come out the door and find a guy covered in blood curled up in the fetal position underneath the truck. He road away in handcuffs in the back of an ambulance.

I only spent about 20 minutes with the cops and they were laughing about how stupid the guy was. The icing on the cake was that they opened up the trunk of his car which was parked accross the street and found MY STEREO from the last theft. It was the same guy!

I hope the people responsible for stealing these wheels get their just rewards too.

David N
11-08-2002, 10:45 AM
just want to thank Terry (L8 apex) and Red 02 and jcblack for the help ....i'm not sure what i would do without the support from Terry ....Thanks again.... now i have to flight with State farm to get my truck back on the road....

Silver_2000
11-08-2002, 12:41 PM
Maybe Terry should design and have built a slider bar...

Designed to make it tougher to jimmy the slider. Just like what they use in Sliding glass doors on houses... Perhaps a piece of black powder coated aluminum C channel in the window channel. Designed correctly I wouldnt rattle and should be pretty cheap and pretty popular Since F150 is the best selling truck....

Doug

Red2002
11-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Good idea Doug!

For grins I tried to break into my own truck this morning through the back sliding glass. A flathead screwdriver and three minutes was all it took to gain access inside the truck. Too easy.

L8 APEX
11-08-2002, 01:08 PM
Already in motion Doug:tu: I am working with a local aerospace fabricator on the best possible solution:D

Red2002
11-08-2002, 01:20 PM
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-36288.gif

Nuke 'em.

Red2002
11-08-2002, 01:37 PM
To the thieving bastards......

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-37832.gif

MadMax
11-11-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Already in motion Doug:tu: I am working with a local aerospace fabricator on the best possible solution:D

I am a paying customer...

:throw: phucking theifs.........

lerandell
11-11-2002, 10:55 PM
I will be watching out for those rims down around the Ennis area. theft sucks!!:crying:

Lil Nicky88
11-15-2002, 02:42 AM
I used to hav e a little ranger that I was dumb enough to lock my keys in all of the time. I actually got pretty good at getting in those sliding glass windows. My personal best is 18 seconds. (I really don't know, but it was something ridiculous)

I wish that those windows were an option, because after that ranger, I damn sure didn't want one on my L.:nono:

Wht95Lightning
11-15-2002, 08:23 AM
Lucky for me the sliding back window was optional on the Gen1. I didn't get it because I knew I was going to put a hard bed cover on and didn't need that window.

Is there any way to identify your wheels for certain? Any special marks or anything?

I saw a black expedition yesterday with the same wheels on it.