PDA

View Full Version : Yo Bad Wes (WA_2_FST)

BC Lightning
10-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Here is a pic I snagged of a guy painting his headlights

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/MichaelBic38/LightningPaintedHeadlights.jpg

RSVT
10-13-2006, 03:08 PM
How much do you think he'll charge me to do my tail lites like yours, dude?

Tex Arcana
10-13-2006, 07:04 PM

I'm gonna be picking up a set of tails tomorrow, so I can pull mine and redo them. Wes did them for me, did a great job, but I went and messed with them trying to get the vapor out of them, and messed up the paint, so I'm gonna pull 'em apart and redo them.

Wes did a great job, as you can see here:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/407168Tex1.jpg

...but last I heard, he's not doing it anymore. After messing with mine trying to redo them, it isn't too hard to get them apart.

Good luck

BC Lightning
10-13-2006, 07:17 PM

Check SVTPerformance, a guy is supposed to be doing a how to on them, Like Tex said, I think he is out of the tail light painting business, i;m about to buy corners, tails and headlights and have my painter spray them with UA code black paint to match the stock paint even better, mine look really good but kinda look like flat black, the DSG ones he did for himself and Adam came out really well

SVTJoseCuervo
10-13-2006, 08:12 PM
yup..i saw adams..they look extra clean ;)

WA 2 FST
10-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Those look really cool, Michael. I'd be a bit concerned with the high intensity bulbs and potentially the heat in there. I'm sure he used high temp paint, and its not _that_ hot, but I'm not sure someone could use the automotive paint I did and have it hold up.

RSVT... honestly I have very little time on my hands right now to do any. I'm also completely out of the paint (and its a two stage deal... basecoat in your truck's color and then a clearcoat... finish is factory).

I've done a few sets and I believe they all turned out well (minor issues here and there... Tex has fogging... I've never had that with mine, so long as I didn't use high pressure spray on the taillights for any length of time). Mine were the first pair I did and they have been on the truck for a long time with no issues.

PoorSvtman
10-14-2006, 10:31 AM
you can actualy by headlights and corners like that......

I did the same thing to my civic, with regular paint, and i had hid lights and never had a problem