PDA

View Full Version : Went to oriellys for parts and they asked if we knew Ken Cryder

Silver_2000
10-21-2006, 09:07 AM
They had heard of TALON and asked about Ken

Has anyone seen Ken lately ?

Doug

Sixpipes
10-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Haven't seen him in a while. I think he sold his house in Denton. Last I heard, his truck was still not back together. :cool:

Tex Arcana
10-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Haven't seen him in a while. I think he sold his house in Denton. Last I heard, his truck was still not back together. :cool:

Bummer, that was a NICE truck. :(

Mark #2
10-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Are you high? or sarcastic?

Tex Arcana
10-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Are you high? or sarcastic?

High: likely, mainly 'cuz I droped myself on my head as a child. :tongue:

Sarcastic? Nah, I liked the work he did to it, not my style but goo work nonetheless. :tu:

Mark #2
10-22-2006, 07:58 PM
High: likely, mainly 'cuz I droped myself on my head as a child. :tongue:

Sarcastic? Nah, I liked the work he did to it, not my style but goo work nonetheless. :tu:

Okay, high...droped and goo as being words.;)

Tex Arcana
10-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Okay, high...droped and goo as being words.;)
:rll: damned internet sucks so bad it make me typo!! :hammer:

Mark #2
10-22-2006, 08:48 PM
:rll: damned internet sucks so bad it make me typo!! :hammer:

Still high, "makes" would be correct.:D

BC Lightning
10-22-2006, 09:10 PM
I also thought he was having health problems :confused:

PoorSvtman
10-22-2006, 09:17 PM

umm what truck you talking about... I gotta go with mark on this one

Sixpipes
10-22-2006, 10:21 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6029/1ken-close-up-P2220757.jpg

This is the truck in question. I always felt really good about how tough the 99 trucks were after seeing Ken a number of times flogging his down the track on juice. Actually blew his motor due to an electrical short that caused the truck to go lean while running at Cherokee County Raceway in Rusk. :cool:

Silver_2000
10-22-2006, 11:47 PM
This is the truck in question. I always felt really good about how tough the 99 trucks were after seeing Ken a number of times flogging his down the track on juice. Actually blew his motor due to an electrical short that caused the truck to go lean while running at Cherokee County Raceway in Rusk. :cool:

I remember watching him race with hand made "tractions bars" that were essentailly scrap steel welded dorect to the axle. The welds were breaking every run. Its a miracle that he didnt hit the wall

Doug

PoorSvtman
10-23-2006, 04:45 PM
I remember watching him race with hand made "tractions bars" that were essentailly scrap steel welded dorect to the axle. The welds were breaking every run. Its a miracle that he didnt hit the wall

Doug

WOnder if him and tex are related? Both have some kooky ideas:tex

Shiner1
10-23-2006, 04:50 PM
The first TALON member I ever met. He might have had some kooky ideas but he was/is a nice guy.

Silver_2000
10-23-2006, 05:15 PM

LOL - Thats priceless - Brothers by different mothers perhaps ?

PoorSvtman
10-23-2006, 06:25 PM
LOL - Thats priceless - Brothers by different mothers perhaps ?

Who knows.. Im not about to research either of those family trees...:cool:

Tex Arcana
10-26-2006, 06:15 PM

At least we have the cojones to implement them, unlike you. :tongue:

Tex Arcana
10-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Who knows.. Im not about to research either of those family trees...:cool:

Don't bother, they don't even come close to crossing, much less sharing the same truck.

Now, you and :ron:... there's plenty of similarities there... :tongue:

Tex Arcana
10-26-2006, 06:17 PM
The first TALON member I ever met. He might have had some kooky ideas but he was/is a nice guy.

QFT. Besides, how can anything new be done or discovered without "kooky" ideas to spur them on?? :nono:

PoorSvtman
10-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Don't bother, they don't even come close to crossing, much less sharing the same truck.

Now, you and :ron:... there's plenty of similarities there... :tongue:

First off how am i anything like ron.....

At least we have the cojones to implement them, unlike you

Whatever... Lets see what all ive done to my L that were cooky ideas but were not way over thought and work unlike yours :D ... *Cough* your pvc system *cough* Alot easier way to eleminate the oil issue with out all the gizmos you have lol...

Also you havent been on AIM lately what gives, havent had the cooky idea convos lol

Tex Arcana
10-27-2006, 03:01 PM
First off how am i anything like ron.....

Um, tall, brown hair, ugly?? :rll:

Whatever... Lets see what all ive done to my L that were cooky ideas but were not way over thought and work unlike yours :D ... *Cough* your pvc system *cough* Alot easier way to eleminate the oil issue with out all the gizmos you have lol...

Also you havent been on AIM lately what gives, havent had the cooky idea convos lol

The only reason the PCV thing isn't working is the separator--the rest is sound.

And if I remember correctly, PCV breathers tend to coat your engine bay with oil, so how's that good for your motor?? :hammer:

You ought to check out my lovely "new" rear sway bar links, your "Sanford&Son" ringtone should be on MY phone instead of yours. :tongue:

AIM: my internet provider blows chunks :vomit:, I can't stay online with any chat because the outage periods are between 1 and 3 minutes in duration, and the program just gives up trying to connect. :hammer:

03LightningRocks
10-27-2006, 03:19 PM

Same story here. Last I heard, he was having some health issues. I don't feel at liberty to discuss them, but they where not life threatening.

His truck looked cool....IMHO. I have a certain amount of respect for the guys who step out and make their trucks look different from the heard.

Mike...he and you are more alike than you may realize when it comes to working on his truck. He works on a very tight budget and has to make do with his own creativity. That truck was running 11's when we where all running 12's. He didn't spend a portion of the funds I spent getting to the level he was at.

Nothing but :bows :bows :bows to him.

PoorSvtman
10-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Um, tall, brown hair, ugly?? :rll:

The only reason the PCV thing isn't working is the separator--the rest is sound.

And if I remember correctly, PCV breathers tend to coat your engine bay with oil, so how's that good for your motor?? :hammer:

You ought to check out my lovely "new" rear sway bar links, your "Sanford&Son" ringtone should be on MY phone instead of yours. :tongue:

AIM: my internet provider blows chunks :vomit:, I can't stay online with any chat because the outage periods are between 1 and 3 minutes in duration, and the program just gives up trying to connect. :hammer:

Breathers dont coat your engine bay with oil.... also i have changed alot with the new motor....