PDA

View Full Version : Watch Out Fellas-Mobil Near Bone Daddys

mikelemoine
11-19-2006, 04:32 PM
I stopped in at the Mobil yesterday on the corner of Spring Valley and 75 (between Bone Daddys and I75), and filled up with super. They were about .10 more than the cheaper stations I usually go to but I was on empty and figured it wasn't worth putting a few $$ in and having to stop again to save $2.00 on a tank. As soon as I left I got bad detonation anywhere above 1/3rd throttle. Luckily I had a friend with me or I'd have had the radio up loud and never noticed it until I got on it and vented the block. I dumped 2 cans of NOS Octane boost into it and it is drivable now under normal throttle, but I won't dare boost it until I run through this tank (don't really trust a can of crap to equal precise chemical engineering at the refinery). I sent an email to Mobil's web site and TX DOT and asked them to investigate whether the station or the delivery company is defrauding customers, or if it was just a bad batch. Just thought I'd tell you all since I know we all love Bone Daddy's. Just stay clear of that station or keep an ear out for detonation if you do stop in. Funny, I've never had this happen with Tom Thumb, Walzfart or Racetrack but I stop at Mobil, pay extra and almost ruin my engine. Seems I got better gas at Bone Daddys then I did at Mobil. :flaming:

mustgofaster
11-20-2006, 01:33 PM
I've never had good luck with Mobil gas. I've only got a Gen 1... No boost & it knocks every time I fill up with Mobil.