PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it. I broke out the credit card

charlie
11-22-2006, 09:31 AM
I got my block out to the machine shop yesterday, and everything was good. Did not have to bore it, or turn the crank. So I ordered a good (stock size) rotating assembly (all Manley forged) today. I got the gaskets ordered last week. Now all I need is the head gaskets, and a better huffer 01-04 style. :D Man I cant wait to get everything in and put it together, and get it tuned!

Charlie

bluesvt
11-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Sounds awesome, good luck with it all and hopefully all works out great. :tu:

charlie
11-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks Kyle. The only thing I'm worried about is the cams. I do not know how to degree them in.

Charlie

wesman
11-22-2006, 10:55 AM
check your PM's

TXLIGHTNING
11-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Sound good man. Keep us updated. :beer:

charlie
11-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Sound good man. Keep us updated. :beer:

First up-date... X-mas came early!

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6111/medium/Picture_169.jpg

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6111/medium/Picture_170.jpg

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6111/medium/Picture_171.jpg

And the SFI ballancer is a week later. Heads?????? I have not made up my mind yet.

Charlie

mustgofaster
11-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Looks good man! (I'm jealous!) I want a ride in ti when its done!

Steve

TXLIGHTNING
11-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Lookin Good Man! :tu:

charlie
11-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Looks good man! (I'm jealous!) I want a ride in ti when its done!

Steve

I'm sorry to say.... It will not be that much faster. I ran out of money... And won't get a better blower till the end of next year. But I am getting heads and ,,,,,, Just may be a aspen ported Heaton. The Whipple will not come till I get the fuel system up-graded.

Charlie

tiffo60
11-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry to say.... It will not be that much faster. I ran out of money... And won't get a better blower till the end of next year. But I am getting heads and ,,,,,, Just may be a aspen ported Heaton. The Whipple will not come till I get the fuel system up-graded.

Charlie

just spray a 100 shot till you can upgrade the blower:tu:

charlie
11-29-2006, 06:46 PM
just spray a 100 shot till you can upgrade the blower:tu:

That is tempting, and did cross my mind. But that would be just more money I don't have. I'll just save the money for the Whipple and fuel up-grades.

Besides. This combo should keep me satisfied for a few minutes.
Ported Heaton
Stage 2 heads/cams <----- not really sure what that means.
Ported 02 lower (ported by me)
Completely ported and polished C&L plenum. (Finished by me)
10 row I.C.
6 Lb lower pulley
K&N cold air
SCT Ba 2400 MA
Acufab TB
Traction bars
Slicks.
SCT tuner/and tune

I was told this should be at least 400 RWHP. Possibly more.
As long as it gets me to the 12 sec. mark, I can live with that for a year.

Charlie

Chris94L
11-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Dayum. looks like I'm gonna need boost in a bottle to keep up with you. Too bad I sold Billy my stickies and intercooler tank.

charlie
11-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Dayum. looks like I'm gonna need boost in a bottle to keep up with you. Too bad I sold Billy my stickies and intercooler tank.

LOL When I'm completely done...... You will need boost and a bottle.

Charlie

wesman
11-30-2006, 03:43 PM
No worries, you'll easily be deep in the 12's with thos emods and a decent tune.

--wes

That is tempting, and did cross my mind. But that would be just more money I don't have. I'll just save the money for the Whipple and fuel up-grades.

Besides. This combo should keep me satisfied for a few minutes.
Ported Heaton
Stage 2 heads/cams <----- not really sure what that means.
Ported 02 lower (ported by me)
Completely ported and polished C&L plenum. (Finished by me)
10 row I.C.
6 Lb lower pulley
K&N cold air
SCT Ba 2400 MA
Acufab TB
Traction bars
Slicks.
SCT tuner/and tune

I was told this should be at least 400 RWHP. Possibly more.
As long as it gets me to the 12 sec. mark, I can live with that for a year.

Charlie

charlie
11-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Well it was bound to happen. I got another UPS delivery today. Timing chains, guides, lower gears. All new and in good shape. Got the head gaskets in from Jegs. And got the valve covers and timing chain cover in.. And I'm PISSED!

I payed good money for a timing cover that I would not have taken the time to looked at twice in a junk yard. And I payed $140.00 for the valve and timing covers. The timing cover was chewed into buy the chains, and it looks like some one used some kind of puller to remove the balancer and the blots hit the cover. Not sure if it's bent or not. And I'm not going to look till tomorrow. I don't think my high blood pressure can take it.

No I did not get it from a Talon member. It was from NLOC

And it's my frackin fault! I did not ask for pic's.

The educational part of this story is?........ Ask for pic's EVERY time you buy something that has to be mailed.

Charlie

tiffo60
11-30-2006, 04:26 PM
i have been screwed a couple of times on nloc:flaming:

Tex Arcana
11-30-2006, 05:22 PM
No I did not get it from a Talon member. It was from NLOC

And it's my frackin fault! I did not ask for pic's.

The educational part of this story is?........ Ask for pic's EVERY time you buy something that has to be mailed.

Charlie

That's what kills me about NLOC FS/WTB posts: NO ONE seems to know how to post pics over there. EVERY ONE of the stupid posts have a description, which is followed by about 10 replies calling for pics; and the damned OP won't even actually POST pics, instead opting to PM them or email them.

It should be a REQUIREMENT that a pic go with a post in FS/WTB. :hammer: You listenin', Doug and BigD??? :tu:

charlie
11-30-2006, 05:39 PM
This guy just pmed me with what he had.. I had the wanted post. So I'm the retarded one for not asking for a pic. The worst part about it. I just assume that most people are like me, and just don't do crap like that. Some times I wish I was like that.... :vomit: I can't believe I just said that. LOL

I could make an extra $150.00 off the heads I'm selling to a Talon member......... If I was a J/A, I would tell him he can't have them (after we made arrangement's to meet), and sell them to a NLOC member that offered me a $150.00 more for them today! No wonder I have ulcers and high blood pressure.

OK enough ranting. I'm off to pick up the Kiddo and think of a good reason not to play in the snow today.

mustgofaster
12-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Damn Charlie; that just plain sux!

charlie
12-01-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm still debating on what to do about it. Oh yeah .... Thanks for the word doc. !

Charlie