PDA

View Full Version : I need some help please I could use any advice I could get!!!

Svt-LightningGuy
11-24-2006, 11:52 AM
I purchased my truck last year in September & havn't had any problems with it until now,I was leaving a buddy of mines house & the truck won'y start all I get is click'n so we try & jump it, nothing the truck is now wanting 2 turn on but still nothing after swapping batteries w/my friends L & messing with the truck for about 45min I begin 2 grow frustruated with the truck so another on of my friends show up & ask us if we check the fuses I tell him no,so he checks them & finds a blown fuse & swaps it out with the windshield wiper fuse we give it a try & she fires up but now she is shaking real bad won't stay alive while in drive or reverse but is fine in nuetral or park so I'm think'n I have a really bad missfire or something. The next day I buy the spark plugs & yesterday me & a friend of mine who is a mechanic were getting ready 2 check out the sparks plugs because he thinks I have a bad missfire as well but can't understand why it's draning my battery and the hood light flickers on and off so he think I have a short somewhere,& this is when all the B*S* starts! While he was looking at the coils he notices that there is a wire running from one of the he is like what the HELL is this so he starts 2 search where this wire is coming from he discovers that it is running in through the trucks computer & then it also runs towards the intake He tells me that somone knew what they were doing trying 2 rig it up,& then I remember back when I first went 2 pick up my truck from the dealership which was Joe Myers TOYOTA dealership they didn't have it there they said that it was @ the Joe Myers FORD dealership getting it's final check ups but when we went to the Joe Myers Ford the mechanic there told me that they were working onthe wiring under the hood b/c something was wrong with it @ the time I didn't think anthing about it know I'm stuck not knowing what 2 do my truck is still under warranty but not sure if it will cover this any advice wold be greatly apreceated!!!

Svt-LightningGuy
11-24-2006, 11:53 AM
I purchased my truck last year in September & havn't had any problems with it until now,

I was leaving a buddy of mines house & the truck won't start all I get is click'n so we try & jump it, nothing
the truck is now wanting 2 turn on but still nothing
after swapping batteries w/my friends L & messing with the truck for about 45min I begin 2 grow frustruated with the truck so another one of my friends show up & ask us if we checked the fuses I tell him no,so he checks them & finds a blown fuse & swaps it out with the windshield wiper fuse

we give it a try & she fires up but now she is shaking real bad won't stay alive unless given some gas while in drive or reverse but is fine in nuetral or park so I'm think'n I have a really bad missfire or something.
The next day I buy the spark plugs & yesterday me & a friend of mine who is a mechanic were getting ready 2 check out the sparks plugs because he thinks I have a bad miss fire as well but can't understand why it's draining my battery and the hood light flickers on and off so he think I have a short somewhere,& this is when all the B*S* starts!

While he was looking at the coils he notices that there is a wire running from one of them he is like what the HELL is this so he starts 2 search where this wire is coming from he discovers that it is running in through the trucks computer & then it also runs towards the intake He tells me that someone knew what they were doing trying 2 rig it up,& then I remember back when I first went 2 pick up my truck from the dealership which was Joe Myers TOYOTA dealership
they didn't have it there they said that it was @ the Joe Myers FORD dealership getting it's final check ups but when we went to the Joe Myers Ford the mechanic there told me that they were working on the wiring under the hood b/c something was wrong with it @ the time I didn't think anything about it & now I'm stuck not knowing what 2 do
my truck is still under warranty but not sure if it will cover this any advice wold be greatly appreciated!!!

99WhiteBeast
11-24-2006, 01:09 PM
If it is under warranty and you knew that they were working on a wiring problem then I would take it back to them.

Without seeing the truck and seeing what wire you are talking about coming from the PCM (computer) it is difficult to help you diagnois the problem.

A little background about the truck (how old, how many miles, what mods it has or mods you have put on recently) may help us help you.

Also a little punctuation or splitting that marathon sentence up into smaller chunks will make it a easier read for more people to help you.

Tex Arcana
11-24-2006, 01:57 PM
This sounds familiar; do a search on NLOC looking for a truck not starting, you'll find a guy in Florida with a similar problem, turns out the wiring harness that feeds the starter solenoid was the culprit, and that there was a TSB on said harness being too short.

And Steve's right: take it to the Ford dealer (demod it first), and make them fix it right, if you're under warranty.