PDA

View Full Version : I have gone insane!

charlie
12-06-2006, 07:34 PM
I did it again. :hammer: Like a retard, instead of waiting. I broke out the Credit card again, and bought the JDM romeo heads, valve covers, back lash adjusters and lifters, everything stage 2<------- What ever that means. And thy ain't cheep either!

But I do know the new grind n the cams are 550 lift :D .
I likey the lopey sound. :evil

Now how do I tell the better half I just maxed out the Credit card?

Charlie

RUNVS
12-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Cam lobe duration is what provides engine lope. The longer the duration, the wilder the lope.

Good luck with the heads and cams. You're gonna like the Stage II performance! :)

charlie
12-06-2006, 07:57 PM
LOL oh yeah! OOPS, Sorry I'm still drooling over the thought of the new engine.

mustgofaster
12-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Your in trouble Charlie.
Oh... BTW... I'M JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wesman
12-06-2006, 08:01 PM
You'll love it....however I would ahve done the opposite. I'd have bought the KB now and run with the stock heads and the built bottom end, then when I could afford it get the heads.

What kind of boost are you going to run with the Heaton?

--wes

charlie
12-06-2006, 08:21 PM
You'll love it....however I would ahve done the opposite. I'd have bought the KB now and run with the stock heads and the built bottom end, then when I could afford it get the heads.

What kind of boost are you going to run with the Heaton?

--wes

Well,,, I'm building a complete engine. I all ready have the stuff to build the all forged bottom end. The last thing I have to buy is the Whipple!

Boost with the heaton? I may not ever put it on the new motor. But if I do it will be with a 6 lb pulley.

Charlie

Chris94L
12-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Dayum...and just think of the money you would have saved keeping the Gen1 instead of buying that 2

gbgary
12-06-2006, 08:35 PM
I did it again. :hammer: Like a retard, instead of waiting. I broke out the Credit card again, and bought the JDM romeo heads, valve covers, back lash adjusters and lifters, everything stage 2<------- What ever that means. And thy ain't cheep either!

But I do know the new grind n the cams are 550 lift :D .
I likey the lopey sound. :evil

Now how do I tell the better half I just maxed out the Credit card?

Charlie

i hope tiny tim isn't doing without his christmas this year because of your fool-hardy spending. ;)

charlie
12-06-2006, 09:40 PM
i hope tiny tim isn't doing without his christmas this year because of your fool-hardy spending. ;)

Fool Hardy? Hummm... I'm almost offended. (It will all be payed off by April)

And Tiny Ashley will have a very good X-mas. All of that was bought months ago.

Charlie

charlie
12-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Dayum...and just think of the money you would have saved keeping the Gen1 instead of buying that 2

LOL..... One of the reasons I bought the gen 2 was because in the end it would cost less for the gen2 to run the 1/4 mile times I would be happy with. Including the cost of the gen2. And all of this was planed out when I bought it. Just did not plan on it all happening so soon.

Charlie

03LightningRocks
12-06-2006, 09:50 PM
You haven't officially gone insane until you have purchased your third built motor in two years...:rll:.

charlie
12-06-2006, 10:00 PM
In my case it would be build..... I too cheep to buy one built by some one else. That is if I don't hose up this one. :D

Charlie

TP Derrick D
12-07-2006, 10:13 AM
You haven't officially gone insane until you have purchased your third built motor in two years...:rll:.

Sho U rite, and/ or 5 in 8 years:D or should that be :eek: oh well:confused:

Turbo93l
12-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Ive done that many of times, its getting harder and harder to hide the parts and reciepts from the ole' lady!

charlie
12-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Ive done that many of times, its getting harder and harder to hide the parts and reciepts from the ole' lady!

I don't hide them. I take up space in the spare bedroom and listen to her Bitch about it.

By the way.... Nice 93 "L" I wish I had something to trade. I would trade you for a low miles, 98 GT vert. But I don't think I can handle that much bitching if I did it.

Charlie