PDA

View Full Version : Thought I would try one of these

Mark #2
01-01-2007, 07:36 PM
FT street converter
Who has a transmission jack I can borrow?

This looks like a job that no one appears to do themselves.
I will do a how to with pics since I can't find anyone that has done it without a lift.

Mika
01-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I got a low lying tranny jack, if you wanna borrow it. It holds Subaru trannies no problems, but I'm not sure how well it'll hold the L trans. You're more than welcome to borrow it though.

Mika

Mark #2
01-01-2007, 07:58 PM
I got a low lying tranny jack, if you wanna borrow it. It holds Subaru trannies no problems, but I'm not sure how well it'll hold the L trans. You're more than welcome to borrow it though.

Mika
Thanks, what is the weight limit on the jack?

Mika
01-01-2007, 08:14 PM
According to the sticker on it, it's a half ton jack.

Mika

Mark #2
01-01-2007, 08:16 PM
According to the sticker on it, it's a half ton jack.

Mika
Well that should work, how about a picture?
We can take this off line also,
Thanks,
Mark

ThunderBolt
01-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Me and a few buddies installed mine. It's a real treat if you're attempting to install it in the driveway.:D

Mark #2
01-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Me and a few buddies installed mine. It's a real treat if you're attempting to install it in the driveway.:D
Well in the garage, no lift, any helpful hints?

ThunderBolt
01-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Well in the garage, no lift, any helpful hints?

Place your truck on ramps or jack stands. You want to gain as much clearance as possible.
Mine was a bitch as it it pretty damn low. Be extremely careful with the tranny lines.
We kinked one of mine and had to replace it. That's was a whole other treat in it's self.
Be sure to have plenty tools on hand. You'll need plenty of swivels and extension for the
friggin starter alone.

Mark #2
01-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Place your truck on ramps or jack stands. You want to gain as much clearance as possible.
Mine was a bitch as it it pretty damn low. Be extremely careful with the tranny lines.
We kinked one of mine and had to replace it. That's was a whole other treat in it's self.
Be sure to have plenty tools on hand. You'll need plenty of swivels and extension for the
friggin starter alone.

Yeah, it looks like I will have to pull the long tubes on that side to get to the starter.

Mika
01-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Mark, e-mail sent back to you with website of said tranny jack. Lemme know if that helps, and if you could use it:).

Mika

ThunderBolt
01-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, it looks like I will have to pull the long tubes on that side to get to the starter.

My truck had shorties at the time. Not sure how it eill affect LT's. Good luck though.:D

Mark #2
01-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for all the input guys.:tu:

Mika, much thanks for the jack offer.

After jacking the truck way up in the air on stands and crawling around under it for a while looking at the job difficulty without a lift....

"Silverback" (just always considered this name) is going to go keep GoRila company for this and something else.:D

It is about time I supported Terry for more than parts and gas.

ThunderBolt
01-02-2007, 09:05 PM
It is about time I supported Terry for more than parts and gas.

That would be money well spent.:D

Sixpipes
01-02-2007, 09:22 PM
That would be money well spent.:D

+1 on that one. :tu: