PDA

View Full Version : "L"s I seen this past week

SVTJoseCuervo
02-11-2007, 08:26 PM
I never see any Lightnings while Im driving Mine....but today I saw 2.

-Saw a Black Lightning with the talon sticker...nice truck (I took a right from Eden and saw it...I was following the Mini van haha)
I was going to an aunts house with my nephew and he was like..look! another truck like yours.(Eden/Matlock)

-Saw a white L while I was in Spring C. Restaurant with the family...maybe you saw mine parked outside?(mansfield)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Last week...

-I saw a Sonic blue about a week ago(it was towing some stuff) pretty sweet truck (Debbie Ln.)

-Saw a Silver one this week in waxahachie (my bro is moving there so I was helping him do some stuff) (77? the main street in waxahachie)

-Silver one on cooper(lady driving it)

-I see a white one every single day on my way to school (well,used to..we just moved)...always parked (house on mansfield webb)

Claim it if its yours :beer:

CJLightning04
02-11-2007, 09:23 PM
When i was there last weekend on the way back to shreveport on I-20 I saw 2 lightnings. One was true blue or sonic blue i can't remember. Then i saw a red one not far behind

gagspa
02-11-2007, 10:56 PM
We don't have a Talon sticker, but we live just off Eden and Matlock and have a black L.

SVTJoseCuervo
02-11-2007, 11:04 PM
We don't have a Talon sticker, but we live just off Eden and Matlock and have a black L.

I thought I saw the talon sticker..could be wrong.
It was a nice truck :tu:

PoorSvtman
02-11-2007, 11:08 PM
i have a black talon sticker on my slider and 2 other white stickers on the side windows...... im always over that way

Ohmsby
02-11-2007, 11:14 PM
i have a black talon sticker on my slider and 2 other white stickers on the side windows...... im always over that way
Don't you also have the rainbow sticker:D

SVTJoseCuervo
02-11-2007, 11:18 PM

:rll: :rll:

PoorSvtman
02-11-2007, 11:59 PM

hahaha but try again that was weak

jcblack
02-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I was the black one off of Eden. I was heading to my mom and dads house. I didn't see you man. I must have been chillin in my own world. Thanks for the compliment. Thank goodness that it was cloudy outside. My ride is lookin kinda dusty right now.

SVTJoseCuervo
02-13-2007, 12:35 AM
I was the black one off of Eden. I was heading to my mom and dads house. I didn't see you man. I must have been chillin in my own world. Thanks for the compliment. Thank goodness that it was cloudy outside. My ride is lookin kinda dusty right now.

Np man...It looked clean to me ;)
What % tint you got on that...I couldnt see inside the truck haha

jcblack
02-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Np man...It looked clean to me ;)
What % tint you got on that...I couldnt see inside the truck haha

I think that it is supposed to be 5%, but when we put the tint meter on it it said 3%.

SVTJoseCuervo
02-15-2007, 11:59 AM
I think that it is supposed to be 5%, but when we put the tint meter on it it said 3%.

:eek:

My Lightning is my DD...Im doint the tint this weekend thats why I asked...but I will probbably go with 20-15% all around....5 is just asking for trouble :D

tiffo60
02-15-2007, 01:22 PM
i have 5% on mine and havent ever been bothered, state troopers are the only ones that will normally say anything so just roll em down before they get to the truck:D

RSVT
02-15-2007, 02:40 PM
i have 5% on mine and havent ever been bothered, state troopers are the only ones that will normally say anything so just roll em down before they get to the truck:D

Speaking of tint i HAD 5% on mine also, but i went to Denton to Johns shop drop off a maf meter, and on my way back to Fort Worth a state trooper pulls me over and tells me to take off that tint on my windows, what dick after i took it off, he still gave me a ticket:Bullshit :mad: , so now i have to redo mine

BC Lightning
02-15-2007, 05:51 PM

I got ticketed by constables and state troopers

I have been bothered by Dallas, Irving, Ft Worth and surrounding city cops but never ticketed when I had 2-5%, so I just took it off and haven't re-done my tint yet, I was told a month and a half ago when I was ticketed that 25% is legal

SVTJoseCuervo
02-15-2007, 06:02 PM
I got ticketed by constables and state troopers

I have been bothered by Dallas, Irving, Ft Worth and surrounding city cops but never ticketed when I had 2-5%, so I just took it off and haven't re-done my tint yet, I was told a month and a half ago when I was ticketed that 25% is legal

texas is 35% i believe...Im still doing 15-20% side windows and rear :twitch:

BC Lightning
02-15-2007, 08:29 PM
texas is 35% i believe...Im still doing 15-20% side windows and rear :twitch:

wrong, when a dallas county constable tells you, I'm sure he knows, espically sice he has the tint reader as well

Moonshine should know as well what the laws are

PoorSvtman
02-15-2007, 08:39 PM
for inspections it 20% and for cops its like 35% ... there has never been a deffinatite answer to what is legal For the years i was doing state inspections i could never get a straight forward answer... it dosent make since you can have a darker window tinting for inspection then when a cop pulls you over you can get a ticket

PoorSvtman
02-15-2007, 08:40 PM
wrong, when a dallas county constable tells you, I'm sure he knows, espically sice he has the tint reader as well

Moonshine should know as well what the laws are

thing is tho.. half the time if they are using the digital tint meters they are never calibrated correctly. The calibration lenses you use are only good for so long..

bluesvt
02-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Hurst cop told me if mine were in the 20's he would not give me a warning. They were supposedly 14% so I got a warning about 2 years ago and never messed with since and have not changed them.

gagspa
02-16-2007, 11:27 AM
The law changed at the same time that they did the whole license plate thing. It went from 35% to 25%.

CJLightning04
02-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I had 5% on the doors 5% on the back over the factory and 35% on my windshield for about a year in Shreveport and then when i cane to school over in Ruston, LA the cops have nothing better to do and gave me a ticket. Thank god i tint windows so it was all free to strip it and re tint it

99WhiteBeast
02-17-2007, 03:58 PM

I think that meter is off Jake- I would say 1%. I had to back that biatch up at night one time and :eek::hammer::eek2:

jcblack
02-18-2007, 03:43 PM
I think that meter is off Jake- I would say 1%. I had to back that biatch up at night one time and :eek::hammer::eek2:

Sometimes I have to borrow my dad's truck and he absolutely refuses to use my truck. He might drive it during the day, but at night he wont get near it.

SVTJoseCuervo
02-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Sometimes I have to borrow my dad's truck and he absolutely refuses to use my truck. He might drive it during the day, but at night he wont get near it.

:D

My dad hates it..but in Honduras...if you have a new car..expect 3-10% tint...and they do the front too...(i hate driving at night down there).