PDA

View Full Version : Paint or Powdercoat ?

SVTJoseCuervo
02-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Paint-$50 a wheel

Powdercoat-$65-75

Which one is better?or which one would you do...

I have seen pics of powdercoat rims and paintd rims on Nloc site...looks the same...
------------------------------------------------------
if you know How those guys polished the lip or a how-to...let me know

wesman
02-21-2007, 05:45 PM
powdercoat......will last much longer

BC Lightning
02-21-2007, 05:49 PM
powdercoat......will last much longer

+1 do it right the first time and it will end up being cheaper in the end, if you do it cheap the first time you will have to re-do it later

RSVT
02-21-2007, 05:57 PM
+1 power coating them

Cartel
02-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Powdercoating!

I got my wheels and tube bumpers on my bronco powdercaoted about a year and a half ago and they still look really good after running into tree, rocks, and anything else in the woods. The only time iv gotten a chip in the powdercoat was when I ran into a pole.... And I hope your not doing any of the above in an L. Whoever does your wheels should be able to do the polished lip for you. You can also do it yourself but for the little money it costs id just let them do it.

Hrm thinking about it what if someone made a baja truck out of an L....ok im bored and rambling.

SVTJoseCuervo
02-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Powdercoating!

I got my wheels and tube bumpers on my bronco powdercaoted about a year and a half ago and they still look really good after running into tree, rocks, and anything else in the woods. The only time iv gotten a chip in the powdercoat was when I ran into a pole.... And I hope your not doing any of the above in an L. Whoever does your wheels should be able to do the polished lip for you. You can also do it yourself but for the little money it costs id just let them do it.

Hrm thinking about it what if someone made a baja truck out of an L....ok im bored and rambling.

you need some driving lessons brotha...running into stuff too much :evil

thanks on the info guys :tu: powdercoat it is ;)

RSVT
02-21-2007, 06:21 PM
where are you going to get them power coated @ is it on harry hines blv.

SVTJoseCuervo
02-21-2007, 06:29 PM
where are you going to get them power coated @ is it on harry hines blv.

that was a quote from a guy that got his aftermarket rims done..forgot the name of the place...Im still looking for places..where did you get yours done?

RSVT
02-21-2007, 07:01 PM
my are just painted w/clear coat, but want to get them professionaly done bcuz they have scratches and chips on them

Cartel
02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
I was told about that place on harry hines I forgot the name but i also found a place called Wheel Technologies in dallas. They gabe me a quote for 125 a wheel thats with the polished lip. Im looking into doing this myself just gotta save up some more pennies.

I think theres another place called wheels america in arlington. Just google them.

Haha and yes the pole was my fault the rest well it just happens when trying to crawl over stuff your not suppose to.

FRDRCING
02-21-2007, 11:09 PM
If you want your rims done right, talk to adam at Star tire of Harry Hines. Just got my rims done by them, Awsome work. I got some more work done to them besides just powdercoating. But It was $165/wheel with the work done and powdercoating done.

RSVT
02-22-2007, 11:16 PM
i found a place in Haltom City, for pwer coating its $60 a rim

BC Lightning
02-22-2007, 11:25 PM

you get what you pay for, I wouldn't save pennies now and end up having to spend dollars later, a lesson I've learned

02SVTpimp
02-23-2007, 12:30 AM
If you want your rims done right, talk to adam at Star tire of Harry Hines. Just got my rims done by them, Awsome work. I got some more work done to them besides just powdercoating. But It was $165/wheel with the work done and powdercoating done.

Ive also been to star tire with my previous car, they do good work...

SVTJoseCuervo
02-23-2007, 12:34 AM

would they give you a warranty in case it starts ****ing up? lol.

BC Lightning
02-23-2007, 03:28 AM

for $60.00 a wheel, doubt it

RSVT
02-23-2007, 10:19 AM

yep, he said he never had any people come back to complain, they come back for more work by him......Star Tire maybe best place to take to but i dont have the time to drivin all the way to Dallas frm north Fort worth just to get some wheels pwder coated.........dont care about the price jst want a place that does a good job on wheels here in Fort Worth/or surrounding cities........i heard from this place from TP Derrick....

BC Lightning
02-23-2007, 11:45 AM
i heard from this place from TP Derrick....

if "da king of bling" says its a good spot, then it probably is

SVTJoseCuervo
02-23-2007, 12:48 PM
yep, he said he never had any people come back to complain, they come back for more work by him......Star Tire maybe best place to take to but i dont have the time to drivin all the way to Dallas frm north Fort worth just to get some wheels pwder coated.........dont care about the price jst want a place that does a good job on wheels here in Fort Worth/or surrounding cities........i heard from this place from TP Derrick....

Pm with details about them...I want to do it asap :banana: :banana: