PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fans

Beaudee
03-01-2007, 12:10 AM
I am thinking of installing an electric fan.I was impressed with the H.P. gains.I was wondering if anyone here has noticed a M.P.G. gain with the install of one of these like the manuf. says.Terry if you chime in what model are you using. Thanks

L8 APEX
03-01-2007, 12:22 AM
I like the Ford OE based fan kits. I usually see 1mpg and 10-15hp on most apps.

Beaudee
03-01-2007, 09:15 AM
I thought this was nice.Terry do you have a link to the one you stock and what do you think of this one. http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/ford-truck.html

tiffo60
03-01-2007, 09:36 AM
I thought this was nice.Terry do you have a link to the one you stock and what do you think of this one. http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/ford-truck.html

pretty sure thats the same one RPM Outlet sells

WA 2 FST
03-01-2007, 10:17 AM
I have the one that Terry recommends. I can't say there was any noticeable mpg improvement. I definitely wouldn't use that as a reason for purchasing one.

L-Fever
03-01-2007, 10:42 AM
The big advantage to installing an e-fan is all the extra room you get for easier access those so called "quick change pulley rings" ! especially when you have short fat hands with stubby fingers, like ...uh, John..:d

Beaudee
03-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I have the one that Terry recommends. I can't say there was any noticeable mpg improvement. I definitely wouldn't use that as a reason for purchasing one.
Ya i didnt think it would do much better,especially the way i drive :burnout: .I do like the H.P.,torque gain.The lightning is disgusting on gas milage unless you are cruising on the highway.The second you here the whine it costs ya :rll: .I am putting the E-fan on my list for Terry to install in a few.

L8 APEX
03-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Flex Lite sucks balls. Loud, current hog, and crappy electronics.

Beaudee
03-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Flex Lite sucks balls. Loud, current hog, and crappy electronics.

I always value your opinion,what ever you reccomend.:tu: