PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Local Vendor

04 RedApple
03-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm normally pretty relaxed (retired) and don't get involved with vendor- bashing, ALTHOUGH, I have just gone through a very trying experience with RPM Outlet here in Houston, TX. THEY REALLY PI$$ED ME OFF!

Back in January, ordered (2) items from these folks for my nitrous system, received (1) with the other on B/O. After several weeks and (2) calls, I was informed that the other item was discontinued from their supplier and they would have to issue me a refund...what turned out to be a store credit.

I informed them that I wanted a credit to my cc so I could purchase the item from another vendor. After (7-1/2) weeks and (10) additional phone calls (which each time they said the credit would be issued and I would see it within 72/hrs), I finally received the credit to my cc today.

I will never purchase anything from these folks ever again. It's also not good for us Houston/Texas folks because they charge high shipping and state & local sales tax!
Well, now I feel better...just wanted to make folks aware if you are shopping for parts or mod items.

tiffo60
03-07-2007, 03:33 PM
i have heard both sides from them, some say that got there parts quick and liked them, and others have had real bad experiences with them, sounds like about a 50/50 shot weather you get your parts or not, and im not much for playing the odds with them

Mika
03-07-2007, 05:35 PM
If I was to buy crap online, I'd go through either Terry or LFP. Hopefully Terry will find a place...

Mika

PoorSvtman
03-07-2007, 05:43 PM
i have heard both sides from them, some say that got there parts quick and liked them, and others have had real bad experiences with them, sounds like about a 50/50 shot weather you get your parts or not, and im not much for playing the odds with them

heck its almost that way with LFP for me... took 8 months to get a damn part for that pulley puller, no answer to calls or emails lol... Almost took getting banned fron nloc to finaly get him to answer me...

Mika
03-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Damn, I had no problems with LFP. Sorry to hear about your sucky experience, Mike.

Mika

Ohmsby
03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I have had mixed results with RPM outlet but I am in Houston on business at least once a quarter so I figure I can swing by and square it in person if need be

dboat
03-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Bill, isnt RPM located at or around Houston? couldnt you have just driven over there to get in their face about it? or do I have them mixed up with someone else? sorry to hear about all the hassles.. I hate it when that happens.
Dana

I'm normally pretty relaxed (retired) and don't get involved with vendor- bashing, ALTHOUGH, I have just gone through a very trying experience with RPM Outlet here in Houston, TX. THEY REALLY PI$$ED ME OFF!

Back in January, ordered (2) items from these folks for my nitrous system, received (1) with the other on B/O. After several weeks and (2) calls, I was informed that the other item was discontinued from their supplier and they would have to issue me a refund...what turned out to be a store credit.

I informed them that I wanted a credit to my cc so I could purchase the item from another vendor. After (7-1/2) weeks and (10) additional phone calls (which each time they said the credit would be issued and I would see it within 72/hrs), I finally received the credit to my cc today.

I will never purchase anything from these folks ever again. It's also not good for us Houston/Texas folks because they charge high shipping and state & local sales tax!
Well, now I feel better...just wanted to make folks aware if you are shopping for parts or mod items.

BC Lightning
03-07-2007, 10:26 PM
heck its almost that way with LFP for me... took 8 months to get a damn part for that pulley puller, no answer to calls or emails lol... Almost took getting banned fron nloc to finaly get him to answer me...

I still haven't seen my LFP I/C resourvior that was supposed to be warrantied when the brackets broke, year and a half later still nothing, I ordered a black s/b throttle body from them and they said i would get it last week :rolleyes:

however, I have had some luck in getting some parts from LFP quickly, so its 50/50 for me i guess

L8 APEX
03-07-2007, 11:23 PM
I have had single blades in stock Bic, black and silver.. Just tell Mark about the tank he said he would either send you a new one or credit it towards another parts of your choice. RPM sticks everyone with taxes and their 9.95 trasaction fee. Their exchange policy is very very clear that there are no refunds only store credit. Expecting anything else is lack of paying attention on your part;) . They stuck me with a set of Patriot heads a few weeks ago. I ordered called and asked if they were in stock and ready to ship, yes. I order them and a week and no heads... So I call and they are being ordered from the vendor 6 weeks wait. I said no deal, cancel and I ordered them from Summit Racing in stock. Well guess what pops up 7 weeks later, Patriot heads from RPM Outlet. So I can return them if I want a 1485 store credit with those dicks:rolleyes: .

slick-svt
03-08-2007, 12:31 AM
I also had a problem with them a while back when I ordered a MAC 95mm intake, they said it would be a week then another then it was back ordered. So I tried to get a refund and I did get one but not for the full amount so I called again and again FINALLY :flaming: I got the rest of my refund and the funny thing is a week later the air system I ordered showed up at my door from California I guess they didn't cancel the order. So it was FREE and I said HELL YA :banana:
If I ever need anything I'll get it from Terry

BC Lightning
03-08-2007, 09:45 AM
I have had single blades in stock Bic, black and silver.. Just tell Mark about the tank he said he would either send you a new one or credit it towards another parts of your choice.

I'll call mark today

SILVER2000SVT
03-08-2007, 10:27 AM
No offense, but a person would have to be an absolute dumb A$$ to buy from RPM outlet after everything you read about problems people have with them. It's not the bad service that's the problem, we all can deal with a little bad service every now and then as long as they make it right. But they never make it right and even worse, It's the fact that they are absolute criminals. They lie about everything as long as they get your money right then for the sale. They know the parts aren't in stock when you ask them and they sell them to you anyway and now they created a policy to aid in their deceit so that you can't get your money back.

BC Lightning
03-08-2007, 10:30 AM
No offense, but a person would have to be an absolute dumb A$$ to buy from RPM outlet after everything you read about problems people have with them. It's not the bad service that's the problem, we all can deal with a little bad service every now and then as long as they make it right. But they never make it right and even worse, It's the fact that they are absolute criminals. They lie about everything as long as they get your money right then for the sale. They know the parts aren't in stock when you ask them and they sell them to you anyway and now they created a policy to aid in their deceit so that you can't get your money back.

I haven't had any problems when ordering from them, maybe I'm just lucky

99WhiteBeast
03-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Why not dispute the credit card transaction- am I missing something here?

dboat
03-08-2007, 08:45 PM

+1... my thoughts exactly

charlie
03-08-2007, 09:18 PM
I ordered one thing from them.... Before I seen all the bad posts about them. I was tempted to buy from them since there prices where low. But if you compare prices now. There not as competitive as they once where. There is no way I would buy from them. EVER!

Charlie

Silver_2000
03-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Thats likely one of the reasons they published the policy - to defend against the CC companies

I also don't understand why anyone would take the chance with them as a vendor - you NEVER hear good things about them except the price. How much lower can the price really be and is it worth it ?

slick-svt
03-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Can you order COD? from them, seem like they would get it to you faster. Just a thought