PDA

View Full Version : Killer Chiller

Sandman
03-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Looks like somebody took the idea of the supercooler from the gen3 and made a product out of it.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?t=150497

98Cobra
03-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Should be interesting to see what happens, I would think Ford patented the tech....

Silver_2000
03-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I read that a few days ago ...

The trouble is you cant run it at ANY racing event
And the AC takes HP to run.

They even admit at the end that its not a HP gain. Simply a way to cool intake charge for safety reasons. Which is a bit odd for at least one reason. When the temp get cooler we run a less aggressive tune to avoid problems

this product will be artificially cooling the intake charge which will likley allow the PCM to use a higher spark advance from its tables - Sounds like this will require VERY careful tuning ...

So unless I missed some thing

No significant HP gain
Water drips
Complicates the AC system a GREAT deal
Costs a lot

???

Ohmsby
03-18-2007, 12:14 PM
I read that a few days ago ...

The trouble is you cant run it at ANY racing event
And the AC takes HP to run.

They even admit at the end that its not a HP gain. Simply a way to cool intake charge for safety reasons. Which is a bit odd for at least one reason. When the temp get cooler we run a less aggressive tune to avoid problems

this product will be artificially cooling the intake charge which will likley allow the PCM to use a higher spark advance from its tables - Sounds like this will require VERY careful tuning ...

So unless I missed some thing

No significant HP gain
Water drips
Complicates the AC system a GREAT deal
Costs a lot

???

+1 my thoughts exactly I may be missing something but I had the same conclusions

Tex Arcana
03-18-2007, 06:11 PM
I saw this a few months ago. For one, I'm not happy with the way they divert the fluid from the cabin evaporator to the chiller; and, unless they came up with a provision for it, I think it might have a condensation problem as well.

Ford's unit kept a reservoir of intercooler fluid cold, then dumped it into the IC at WOT; this system just uses an A/C circuit to cool intake air, so it doesn't impinge on patents, but I don't think it works as well, either.