PDA

View Full Version : Another Oil separator thread with pic

Mark #2
03-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Just a data point
Air compressor type on the upper passenger side line, pop up sprinkler head screen in the drivers side valve cover(provides a condensation surface) It appears to work.

12,000ish miles at 16 psi boost levels.

Sixpipes
03-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Just a data point
Air compressor type on the upper passenger side line, pop up sprinkler head screen in the drivers side valve cover(provides a condensation surface) It appears to work.

12,000ish miles at 16 psi boost levels.

A good test would be my unbaffled BBK valve covers. I'm working on a solution for the passenger's side, but right now go_rila is sucking some serious oil under boost. :cool:

Mark #2
03-21-2007, 09:59 PM
A good test would be my unbaffled BBK valve covers. I'm working on a solution for the passenger's side, but right now go_rila is sucking some serious oil under boost. :cool:

Yeah, I saw that Bonedaddy's, you need a catch can for that much oil and you have the suction/pressure hose on the back of the lower intake plugged, which I think is bad.

That is why I removed the blower, I am seaching for a vacuum leak on the intake side on that line.

FRDRCING
03-21-2007, 10:29 PM
I am in line for a Oil seperator next. I pulled the blower last weekend to clean the intercooler and change spark plugs as well. 2.5 Cans of carb cleaner later the intercooler was clean again.

Tex Arcana
03-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Damn, Mark, that's nice. Pic/brand of separator you use, and a pic of the sprinkler filter?

I've got a Campell-Hausfield, and i'm sure it's letting oil past it. As for the rest, I think I'm good because of the modded system, tho I guess it's time for a check. :cool: