PDA

View Full Version : New Whipple? 3.4

charlie
04-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Its out for the Cobra but not the Lightning yet..... Guess what I'm gettin when they come out! Damn the turbo. 30 psi Whipple sounds good to me!

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-productinfo/product-12952/wk-200110b-whipple-03-04-cobra-34l-w210ax-supercharger-kit-black.html

I wonder how much boost will lift the heads? :D

Charlie

slick-svt
04-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Have to try the old head stud method, sounds crazy. I've seen guys with 10 to 1 comp. and 40psi on their 6-71 race cars. Too rich for my blood

99WhiteBeast
04-14-2007, 10:37 PM
A liitle ole 2.3 works just fine for me:tu: -just can't imagine anything more

L8 APEX
04-14-2007, 11:49 PM
A liitle ole 2.3 works just fine for me:tu: -just can't imagine anything more
You know that is what they all say, before they sell their KB's.... I'd like to see stats on the KB 2.3 trend in the last YEAR!

wesman
04-15-2007, 01:34 AM
lmao..how many times have I heard of giant whipples???? I'll believe it when I see it on a track......

BTW- Who's building these motors that can support these 30 psi blowers?????

All I hear is that you can't run 20+ psi with more than 17+* timing....it begs the question of why would one get a blower capable of 30 psi etc if we can't utilize it with this motor?????

--wes

charlie
04-15-2007, 10:03 AM
lmao..how many times have I heard of giant whipples???? I'll believe it when I see it on a track......

BTW- Who's building these motors that can support these 30 psi blowers?????

All I hear is that you can't run 20+ psi with more than 17+* timing....it begs the question of why would one get a blower capable of 30 psi etc if we can't utilize it with this motor?????

--wes

You hear?
Got any proof of this?
So you buy your stuff based on what? rumors?
As far as problems handling more that 20 psi is the heads lifting, and spitting out the limited choice of head gaskets. I'll take my chances.

And even IF I could not run 30 PSI. I would still buy the blower, for the simple fact that I'll get more boost, spinning it slower. Which means, a little less heat, and if nothing else, mine blower bearings will last longer. And since the 3.4 for the cobra for sale now , cost no more than the one for our trucks, cost is not an issue.

Charlie