PDA

View Full Version : Accell coil packs suck

Ohmsby
04-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Well as you may have heard my Gen 2 fell on its face on the way home last night when La Fever and I were doin a little run. I thought something really bad had happened

Suspected the truck ate some plugs but after we pulled them they were fine. I was happy to see the truck was not melting plugs as that is not good for the motor

changed the coil packs back to stocker's and off we went no problems
I have had the accels on for less than a hundred miles

Thanks Terry and Steve for giving up part of your Sunday:tu:

tiffo60
04-15-2007, 08:38 PM
tried to warn ya:D and just out of curiousity were did you get the stockers you put back in it?:evil

L-Fever
04-15-2007, 08:47 PM
tried to warn ya:D and just ought of curiousity were did you get the stockers you put back in it?:evil

:eek: :eek: :popcorn

Mark #2
04-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Accel stuff has always sucked, I am going MSD.
7.3 years on the stockers in this under hood heat they are probably weakened.

99WhiteBeast
04-16-2007, 09:20 AM

I'll go back with the stockers. I'm still on my original set as well. It will be 8 years this June

TXLIGHTNING
04-16-2007, 12:19 PM
IMO, if the stockers work so well then just stick with them :tu:.

Highlander540
04-16-2007, 07:11 PM
So what happened? You say it fell on it's face......you mean started to miss?
How was it under normal driving.

Ohmsby
04-17-2007, 08:17 AM
So what happened? You say it fell on it's face......you mean started to miss?
How was it under normal driving.

no we did a 60-70 roll and it pulled real hard and then started missing and would take nothing more than a feather of the throttle without losing power I though it ate a plug but they were all fine

I am running a stage 3 JLP set up and laying down around 600 on a 12* tune between 18-20 lbs boost

slick-svt
04-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Does Mallory make anything? I used to have a mallory ignition system in my car and never had a prob out of it.

TP Derrick D
04-18-2007, 01:00 PM
I had problems with an Accel coil also,not on my L but on my Stang. It would cut out & skip and would not accelerate. After my crew chief did all the checking he replaced the Accel with the stocker and it ran fine. We changed to MSD and its been MSD only since then. The Accel was only a year or less old with maybe,maybe 2000 miles , I said maybe 2000 miles:mad: .Won't ever buy Accel again.