PDA

View Full Version : car show at Sears in the coming weeks - Details

Silver_2000
04-18-2007, 06:20 PM
FYI

Hello, my name is James Gaughan. I work for Sears in Frisco, TX. We would like to put on a car show in the coming weeks, so I am contacting multiple clubs in the north Texas area. If you or anyone you know might be interested, please respond to this email and I will send you an official invite to the show. We are planning on having a very fun-filled evening, with prizes, free food, and no entry fee! If you are not interested, then I apologize for this email.

To respond or for more information, I may be reached via email at:
killerstang@msn.com
nightmare351w@yahoo.com
jgaugha@searshc.com

dboat
04-18-2007, 08:10 PM
FYI

spam?

Sandman
04-18-2007, 08:28 PM
spam?

No.

I was at Sears in Frisco a couple of weeks ago shopping for a lawn mower. They had some clearance ones outside and the sales guy heard me drive up in my L. He asked me if I was in any clubs and I told him about Talon. He mentioned a car show Sears was sponsoring the first weekend in May. I forgot to post it up. But it looks like he found us.

STooPiD
04-18-2007, 09:25 PM
i might even have my truck back by then.

tliss
04-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Hmmm...I might look into going to this for the hell of it. Wife and kid will be out of town that weekend (first weekend in May), so it might fit perfectly. Anyone have more details on date and time?

Tom

L8 APEX
04-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Hmmm...I might look into going to this for the hell of it. Wife and kid will be out of town that weekend (first weekend in May), so it might fit perfectly. Anyone have more details on date and time?

Tom
You need to go down to FFW Houston and run amuck with the boys.

tliss
04-19-2007, 03:08 PM
You need to go down to FFW Houston and run amuck with the boys.

Hmmm...perhaps. Not gonna race tho, and it's last time I went to FFW in Ennis it was a real waste in my opinion. I'd rather hang at the hotel parking lot and drink myself silly with the boys...

Tom

L8 APEX
04-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Hmmm...perhaps. Not gonna race tho, and it's last time I went to FFW in Ennis it was a real waste in my opinion. I'd rather hang at the hotel parking lot and drink myself silly with the boys...

Tom
Maybe a trip to the shoe bar?:D

tliss
04-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Maybe a trip to the shoe bar?:D

That sounds like an event! Let's set something up and enjoy...

Sorry about the :threadhijack

T

Silver_2000
04-20-2007, 08:16 AM
First of all, thank you to those of you who provided feedback. We have decided on the details of the aforementioned car show, they are as follows:

Sunday, May 6th, 2007 from 4-7 pm, setup begins at 3. For the show participants, EVERYTHING WILL BE FREE! That means no entry fee, and we will be providing food (not sure on what yet, but we will be grilling outside) and beverages. Those who choose to look but not participate are welcome as well and, of course, there is no charge to browse the vehicles. Every vehicle entered into the show will receive a prize, and we will be handing out trophies for 6 categories: Best Paint, Best Interior, Best Car, Best Truck, Best Motorcycle, and Best in Show, all voted for by attendees. We are capping the show at 60 participants, so your chances of winning a trophy are, at worst, 1 in 10. Anyone wishing to participate should call or email me via any of the methods listed below to reserve an entry, otherwise it is first come, first serve.

We are VERY excited about this car show. We are holding it as part of our VIP (customer appreciation) night, which we hold quarterly at Sears. As far as we know, our store is the only store in the nation to be having an event like this, so it is likely we will be taking lots of pictures and circulating them around the company. This is something we would like to do at least annually, and the success of this event will determine the fate of this VIP event. Your participation would be GREATLY appreciated. As the person heading this event, I thank you for your time, and as a car, truck, and motorcycle enthusiast, I can't wait!!

Contact information:
jgaugha@searshc.com Work.....

Tex Arcana
04-20-2007, 09:00 PM
So who's gonna go?