PDA

View Full Version : Nitto Drag Radials

dboat
04-26-2007, 02:16 AM
As I went for my annual inspection this year, the place tells me that I have a bad tire, apparently my alignment got messed up and I have a bad wear spot on the inside of one of my front tires..

Since I have had my Nittos on the car for over 10k in miles, I figure that I could order just one tire or :twitch: HEY! get two Nitto Drag Radials for the rear:nana2

So I order the two NDR's and have them installed.. wow, what a difference frm the regular Nittos. The grip is incredible and my buddy says that coming out of the parking lot, he is really getting peppered with small rocks. (:rolleyes: now I wonder what that is doing to the paint behind the rear wheels) anyway, today is the first day that I get to drive the L while the road is wet, not damp, not standing water but wet.. it seemed to me that the DR's gripped better than the regular tires.
Has this been the experience of others that have gotten DR's? One of my concerns had been that these tires would have worse wet road characteristics, but maybe that would only be after they have worn down a bit. The tread on these tires isnt thick, so I would guess that standing water will be a problem.

Anyway, if any of you guys want to chime in on your experience with DR's on damp, wet or standing water and how well they worked as the tires wore, it would be appreciated. As it stands now, I will probably get them again when these wear out.. I also cant believe the traction I get in the dry either. The days of hitting the gas and breaking the rear tires loose just might be over.

Dana

SILVER2000SVT
04-26-2007, 06:33 AM
Anyway, if any of you guys want to chime in on your experience with DR's on damp, wet or standing water and how well they worked as the tires wore, it would be appreciated.
Dana

Yes these are awesome tires on dry pavement. I am extremely shy of using them in the rain so typically I save them for racing and run a regular set of 555s because they are so apt to slid out from under you in wet conditions. There's been more than one member of TALON that has lost his truck because of using these tires in the rain.

tiffo60
04-26-2007, 07:55 AM
mine always did exceptional in the rain until they started getting bald(as any tire will), i put on before Lfest 05, and it rained on us when we got up there and i could still accelerate pretty decently with out busting them loose:tu:

BC Lightning
04-26-2007, 08:39 AM
I have only run Nitto DRs on my truck and they have performed well in the rain, but like Tiffo said they need to have good rubber and not be bald, they cut through water better than regular Nitto 555s

wesman
04-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Better grip under pretty much all conditions until they start wearing.....once they're below 50% they're a little loose in the rain w/ a bit of gas pedal.

--wes

dboat
04-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks for confirming what I thought was going on.. its kind of weird actually getting more traction in the wet... its nice to get the traction but there are times I really want to spin them and they just flat out grip..

Dana