PDA

View Full Version : Addressing any PR concerns

L8 APEX
05-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Doug brought it to my attention today that he has been getting complaints about me since I lost my shop and had to get a real job. I have tried to help those I can on the weekends but some still complain. My services obviously are greatly reduced since I have no shop and limited tools. Thanks to John for letting me use his warehouse in Denton to install Whipples and such. Doug has a good point and I understand that he doesn't want a vendor bringing his site down.

TXLIGHTNING
05-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Damn Terry, who was it :mad:. You have always been very helpful to me. You can be a PITA sometimes, but that just comes with the territory ;). I'm here to say don't delete Terry, he is the most helpful tuner I have ever known! And it would be a damn shame to see him deleted :mad:.

L-Fever
05-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Doug brought it to my attention today that he has been getting complaints about me since I lost my shop and had to get a real job. I have tried to help those I can on the weekends but some still complain. My services obviously are greatly reduced since I have no shop and limited tools. Thanks to John for letting me use his warehouse in Denton to install Whipples and such. Doug has a good point and I understand that he doesn't want a bad vendor bringing his site down. So I thank those who have supported me though these tough times. Just wanted to give a short explanation before I was erased:tex

Slacker! :evil

Sandman
05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
This is more of a question for Doug, but will the post from you section be retained? There is still some good info in there.

L8 APEX
05-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Maybe he can just rename it Terry's corner or Satan's section. So they won't whine that PR isn't doing enough.

tiffo60
05-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Maybe he can just rename it Terry's corner or Satan's section. So they won't whine that PR isn't doing enough.

:rll: :rll: :rll:

TXLIGHTNING
05-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Maybe he can just rename it Terry's corner or Satan's section. So they won't whine that PR isn't doing enough.Hey, I'm all for it. Sounds good to me :tu:.

TXLIGHTNING
05-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Whiners, go home and cry to momma! :D

WA 2 FST
05-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Sorry... I absolutely do not get this. :confused:

But I guess I'm ignorant as to how all this works. If its not worth the $$ that I'm sure you pay for advertising space, then I can understand it. Otherwise, it really should only be b/w you and Doug, not anyone else.

What have you posted lately in your forum that has been a problem? I see parts for sale that you still have in inventory that someone here could certainly use I'm sure.

TXLIGHTNING
05-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Poof!:D
edited by Terry.

L8 APEX
05-08-2007, 05:42 PM
This has nothing negative to do with Doug, he is a great guy and has bent over backwards to keep me around. I still serve the majority of TALONs trucks. I am not sure who got the opinion that I pick a select few to serve. They obviously don't know what is going on with the Taliban take over etc.. I accept my fate here and will just continue to do what I can where I can. One day I may be lucky enough to have my own place again. Until then I have to take care of business and survive.

TXLIGHTNING
05-08-2007, 05:55 PM
This has nothing negative to do with Doug, he is a great guy and has bent over backwards to keep me around. I still serve the majority of TALONs trucks. I am not sure who got the opinion that I pick a select few to serve. They obviously don't know what is going on with the Taliban take over etc.. I accept my fate here and will just continue to do what I can where I can. One day I may be lucky enough to have my own place again. Until then I have to take care of business and survive.I here ya Terry. You are the first I call for any L needs :tu:. And a new shop would be great :beer:.

Mika
05-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Damn. I'm sorry to hear that people have problems with you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess.

Who the hell bitched? I mean, seriously. Technical know-how goes a long way in my book, and you are the L dude to go to. Not just for work to be done, but for knowledge.

I guess all I can say is good luck finding a new shop where nobody will mess with you.

Mika

Silver_2000
05-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I understand what its like to try to run a side business. Ive been doing it for 7 years or so now. Its tough. Long hours. Sometimes you just dont want to answer the phone. Some customers are better to work for than others.

I have personally and thru the website been a BIG BIG promoter of Terry and his business for years. However when I get people calling me or asking me in person "whats up with Terry ?" I say I don''t know. Then they ask .. "what is he doing ?" - I say I don't know... then they ask " is he working on trucks anymore ? Does he work on trucks in his full time job ?" The answer again is I don't know.

I dont like being put in that position. What I said in the email was
Perhaps its time to take down the banner ads and forum and go invisible for a while I thought it would give Terry some breathing room.

I think the best thing to do is ask that he do a better job of communicating to his customers and potential customers what his real schedule and capacity is, and then they can, if they choose to, work around it.

PS - Im not a big fan of seeing my emails posted on the forum, after all thats why I sent an email rather than just posting it here... :hammer:

Silver_2000
05-08-2007, 08:42 PM
For now

I edited the forum description to this

Performance Research (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15) (2 Viewing)
214.923.0045 http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/prheader.jpg (http://www.performanceresearchonline.com/) Your Local Lightning and Supercharged Harley Performance Source !!!
Performance Research is scaling back to part time hours.
Please give Terry time to respond to your requests www.performanceresearchonline.com (http://www.performanceresearchonline.com/)

TXLIGHTNING
05-08-2007, 08:51 PM
For now

I edited the forum description to this :tu:

GoldLS1
05-08-2007, 09:32 PM
With Terry doing limited installs, I took the opportunity to learn some about the truck and do it myself (with help from a buddy)... and also doing your own install gives you HUGE appreciation of what guys like Terry do (did). My 2 pennies.

Mika
05-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Doug, thank you for letting him stay on for now. I'm pretty sure most of us understand that communication is a 2 way road. I feel that both sides(Terry and customers) will benefit if he should remain.

Mika

toddwarren
05-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Doug I am new at Talon but since I have been a member this site has always been run professionally.
I know Terry has always done excellent work for me when he was at Meadlins.
I have found from such experiences like this e mails get tangled around from the way you mean them!
Phone or in person works best when discussing sticky subjects.
I am sure neither of you intended any disrespect to each other!

03LightningRocks
05-10-2007, 12:52 AM
I know exactly what Terry is dealing with trying to have a business on the side. My damned air conditioning business is continually taking away from my drag racing :cool:.

tiffo60
05-10-2007, 08:08 AM
I know exactly what Terry is dealing with trying to have a business on the side. My damned air conditioning business is continually taking away from my drag racing :cool:.

speaken of, one of these days your going to have to take a fri night off and join us for a go round up at denton, i havent seen your truck run down the track since lightning fest and the fall classic in 05:eek:

03LightningRocks
05-10-2007, 09:53 AM
speaken of, one of these days your going to have to take a fri night off and join us for a go round up at denton, i havent seen your truck run down the track since lightning fest and the fall classic in 05:eek:

Time flies by, doesn't it. The last time I ran my truck down the track was in may of last year. The was when I learned the transmission is pretty much fried , I decided to moth ball it for a while. The truck has been through three built motors(has the third one in it now) and a built transmission. We all have our limits....I reached mine:D . I have dropped at least 60 grand into this truck(not counting what I paid for the truck new to begin with). I was spending about 20K a year, just to chase FFW around. My son just graduated from UTA...price...30K a year. Realizing you are in debt for the next 300 years....PRICELESS:retired2 .

Maybe next year....I won't sell my truck and trailer. I still want to play racetrucks....I just had to stop and catch my breath.

Rocks:beer:

wesman
05-10-2007, 10:20 PM

:rll::rll:

My damn job gets in the way of Tv watching damn near every day...screwing up my Price is Right watching.

Speaking of AC business, do your guys come out to Cedar Hill/GP area ? We're buying a new house out in Lake Ridge and it has 3 air handlers that are gas and I want to get them checked out in the next month or so.

03LightningRocks
05-11-2007, 12:29 AM

My damn job gets in the way of Tv watching damn near every day...screwing up my Price is Right watching.

Speaking of AC business, do your guys come out to Cedar Hill/GP area ? We're buying a new house out in Lake Ridge and it has 3 air handlers that are gas and I want to get them checked out in the next month or so.

:rll: :rll: :rll: Same here, but I am somewhat of a history channel fan.

Unfortunately we don't get out that far....yet. I am not even sure who to tell you to use out there. Thank you for asking me though. It means alot to me when the members here want to put their trust in our company:beer: .

my2002lightning
05-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Terry,

You might consider getting a myspace page, if you don't have one already.

Plenty of traffic there.:cool:

Ronald

L8 APEX
05-11-2007, 07:49 AM

Gary's crew is all over Cedar Hill give him a holler. GB Gary.

wesman
05-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Gary's crew is all over Cedar Hill give him a holler. GB Gary.

cool...didn't know he was in that line of work.....I'll give him a shout. thanks! :tu:

--wes

L8 APEX
05-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Yep, Lightning/C6 driving service manager for Wolverton A/C. I worked their when I was 16 and they took care of Mom's house for over 20 years.