PDA

View Full Version : Look out!!!

TXBLU
12-06-2002, 08:04 PM
Just got spanked today by a white Supra Turbo! Damn! He sandbagged me pretty good after I made a u-turn under the GBT in Las Colinas, but after the next light at MacArthur, he smoked me baaaaaad! I guess it's time to start the mods. I think my wife is going to get me a Magnaflow exhaust for X-Mas, so that's a good start. If you see a white Supra with a coffee can exhaust pipe but othewise un-modded externally, be carefull; this thing is really quick. He left me like I was chained to a post! Oh well. Live and learn...:tu:

03LightningRocks
12-06-2002, 08:34 PM
Sounds like he may have learned something from the movie Fast and Furious....LOL.

Almost sounds like he may have used NOS.

I didn't think theose cars could do that much stock.

Ouch

Rocks:eek2:

wesman
12-06-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Sounds like he may have learned something from the movie Fast and Furious....LOL.

Almost sounds like he may have used NOS.

I didn't think theose cars could do that much stock.

Ouch

Rocks:eek2:

Stock for Stock it will probably run dead even witha new L. They are easier and cheaper to mod than our trucks and can be made fast as hell with the pull of hose and adding a bleeder T.

If you don't think they are fast then you've never raced even a lightly modded Supra TT.

--wes

03LightningRocks
12-06-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by wesman
Stock for Stock it will probably run dead even witha new L. They are easier and cheaper to mod than our trucks and can be made fast as hell with the pull of hose and adding a bleeder T.

If you don't think they are fast then you've never raced even a lightly modded Supra TT.

--wes

:eek2: :eek2:

I know to watch out for them now.

Rocks

Lil Nicky88
12-06-2002, 09:46 PM
some free mods, coupled with exhaust, and a larger downpipe, and those push over 400... and they are demons on the hwy...

99WhiteBeast
12-07-2002, 12:58 AM
Eric,
Are you coming to Hallsville tomorrow? Should be a blast-at least come down to spectate:tu:
Later-
Steve

TXBLU
12-09-2002, 09:36 AM
Sorry Steve, I couldn't make it. My wife and I are trying to finish up our X-Mas shopping before we go to NYC on Thursday. Plus I had to put up the tree and string the lights on the house. What a pain! Oh, well. Ho, Ho, Ho!!!

MadNess
12-09-2002, 12:00 PM
I had a white TT supra before my cobra, before my L. That thing was BAD, kinda miss it, however it was a small car, pain in the butt for houston streets. The car had an upgraded turbos when I purchased it, along with an HKS blowoff valve, some sort of aftermarket exhaust... (I was not that interested in cars at the time, so forgive my ignorance on its parts)

I will probably get another sometime, those things are fun to drive on a nice flat road, they handle WELL! :)

Dean!
12-12-2002, 06:33 PM
I was driving a friend's modded 98 Supra TT (with a single turbo conversion) and we came up to a genuine Porsche GT2 ! :) We had actually met the owner at a car show and he went on to tell us how much it cost him ($175,000 with custom interior) and the dealership he owned... We left the car show and went to check out the road course, then we packed up and went home.

By accident (seriously) we came upon him on the highway and he wouldn't run us. We kept egging him, and when he finally went, we had him by the end of 3rd gear and he let off. With 18psi of boost on a single turbo, the Supra made 520rwhp on pump gas.. :) We're guessing his GT2 would only dyno 420rwhp, and he got the jump, but reeled him in and blew past going into 4th.

He was actually cool about everything, giving us a thumbs up as we took the next exit, since we passed our exit on purpose, while following him for the perfect opportunity. :D

Not everyday you get to run a real Porsche GT2 ! :)