PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

Fuzion
06-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Some people and i got to talking Friday night and they've bout decided i have a blown head gasket.
Any way to check that?

Also, when i put it in reverse there is an odd sound. To me it sounds like the front suspension is creeking, a friends dad thinks it is the midshaft? Another person said its just exhaust rattle. Truck runs fine as far as shifting and everything.

Then of course my rich problem, and constantly throwing the two codes. 1072 and 1075. Happened today sitting still. Truck pops hardcore if i try to get on it anywhere above 1/2 throttle but its not the same problem i had when i was burning plugs. A/F gauge reads low 10s....

L8 APEX
06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
A head gasket will eat or puke coolant and have uncontrollable overheating issues. I would check the plugs again, one cylinder missng now and then could make it show rich. Those are rich codes b1,2. Have Mike at Lone Star throw a tune on it and see if it straightens out:tu:. The odd sound in reverse is probably the exuast hitting somewhere.

Fuzion
06-19-2007, 03:25 PM
A head gasket will eat or puke coolant and have uncontrollable overheating issues. I would check the plugs again, one cylinder missng now and then could make it show rich. Those are rich codes b1,2. Have Mike at Lone Star throw a tune on it and see if it straightens out:tu:. The odd sound in reverse is probably the exuast hitting somewhere.

K. I'll try and check the plugs myself this weekend and check out the exhaust.

Well you know it has its overheating problem, but it hasn't happened in a few weeks. It used to throw the codes after getting on it, but today they showed up sitting still.

Hesitant to call Mike, had a tune from him on the first motor.... for about a month

L8 APEX
06-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah I know you overheated the piss out of it and the heads are likely warped. All of this is just avoiding the real solution. You need to pull the engine and replace the heads, check the deck, and re-ring the pistons. You were in the truck when I tuned it, it pulled 11.5 all day long. If it has changed it is likely mechanical and not tune related. I bet when you boost it up it sucks water which trashes o2 sensors and lots of wonderful things.

Fuzion
06-19-2007, 05:37 PM
You need to pull the engine and replace the heads, check the deck, and re-ring the pistons. You were in the truck when I tuned it, it pulled 11.5 all day long. If it has changed it is likely mechanical and not tune related. I bet when you boost it up it sucks water which trashes o2 sensors and lots of wonderful things.

http://www.vwsd.k12.ms.us/wwwroot1/vwse/moneysign.gif

Yeah i know the A/Fs were perfect that day, and they didn't stay perfect for long.