PDA

View Full Version : Ice Road Truckers

Mark #2
07-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Just watched the first show on the History Channel. Two more shows now.
Very interesting show about the road/drivers, and the DeBeers Diamond mines equipment.

Silver_2000
07-21-2007, 02:46 PM
yeah I started recording it a few weeks back

Crazy conditions -

If you have seen the movie blood diamonds contrast the 15 million they spend on JUST building that road, add the cost of the labor and the equipment and the rent they are paying the Indian Tribes for the land with the money the SAME companies DONT spend to pay the miners in Sierra Leone- africa

TP Derrick D
07-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I surf past it since its been coming on and got a good ideal whats going on but never watched the whole show. If you have ever seen on History Channel the story of the military building a road up there before/during WWII it reminds me of that on a certain level.
:0fftopic Hey Mark did you see the new show on Sat morn? "Blow It Up: Test & Tune"..? I believe it was on Speed @ 9am. I was flipping back & forth between that & Hot Rod TV/Gearz. Its about a driver telling 3 judges at the start line what you done to your car etc and they guess your ET, closest guess to it win $500, ? $$$ for 2nd, ? $$$ for 3rd. Seen Blood Diamond Doug, wifey bought the DVD.

Mark #2
07-21-2007, 04:54 PM
I surf past it since its been coming on and got a good ideal whats going on but never watched the whole show. If you have ever seen on History Channel the story of the military building a road up there before/during WWII it reminds me of that on a certain level.
:0fftopic Hey Mark did you see the new show on Sat morn? "Blow It Up: Test & Tune"..? I believe it was on Speed @ 9am. I was flipping back & forth between that & Hot Rod TV/Gearz. Its about a driver telling 3 judges at the start line what you done to your car etc and they guess your ET, closest guess to it win $500, ? $$$ for 2nd, ? $$$ for 3rd. Seen Blood Diamond Doug, wifey bought the DVD.

Watched the test and tune one and guessed better than most of them on the first couple of races and gave up on it, got bored. Don't think that show will make it.

03LightningRocks
07-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Just watched the first show on the History Channel. Two more shows now.
Very interesting show about the road/drivers, and the DeBeers Diamond mines equipment.

I watched it a couple times...it tends to get a bit old.