PDA

View Full Version : Are these as good as they say?

slick-svt
07-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I know most of yall have got this setup is it worth it????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-LIGHTNING-HARLEY-THROTTLE-BODY-C-L-PLENUM-COMBO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42604QQihZ015QQit emZ250075608701QQtcZphoto

tiffo60
07-27-2007, 07:38 AM
it will help with your throttle response, but you wont pick up much on the dyno from it

slick-svt
07-27-2007, 09:46 AM
I ordered it in black TB & black C&L....will it peg out the MAF?

tiffo60
07-27-2007, 09:50 AM
I ordered it in black TB & black C&L....will it peg out the MAF?

what lower are you running?

slick-svt
07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
6lb

kirkmears
07-27-2007, 10:13 AM
i'm going to join this thread since i've just purchased two similar parts (c&l upper & an accufab tb). other than headers (thx terry!) my truck is completely stock!!! :eek:. from the information i was able to gather, this is probably the best place to start though. you'll eventually want to upgrade the MAF to a 90MM and retune, so that will also require some kind of chip/tuner. do you have to upgrade MAF? i dunno. :confused:

this is what was recommended to me & it's what i'm going to do. i have the parts and i'm just waiting to find the right intake/filter combo now before installing & tuning.

i wish i knew they had a black upper :icon_cool:

tiffo60
07-27-2007, 10:14 AM
when its cold you will for sure, but you would have done that anyway, I used to peg mine in cold weather with just a 4#

slick-svt
07-27-2007, 10:16 AM
i'm going to join this thread since i've just purchased two similar parts (c&l upper & an accufab tb). other than headers (thx terry!) my truck is completely stock!!! :eek:. from the information i was able to gather, this is probably the best place to start though. you'll eventually want to upgrade the MAF to a 90MM and retune, so that will also require some kind of chip/tuner. do you have to upgrade MAF? i dunno. :confused:

this is what was recommended to me & it's what i'm going to do. i have the parts and i'm just waiting to find the right intake/filter combo now before installing & tuning.

The black just so happened to be all they had....They said for me to get one of those MAF extenders forgot the name.

dboat
07-27-2007, 12:21 PM
I have it and it helps at initial tip in..

Dana

slick-svt
07-27-2007, 12:40 PM

I have a 95mm CAI, diablo tuner,and a cat back would like some headers and mid pipes later