PDA

View Full Version : Any advice?

Hamp
08-02-2007, 09:24 PM
First of all how may I post an image with my user name. I'm from the old school of drag racers.. Even run at Green Valley few times. That should give my age away. Would like to know what kind of rwhp and torque it will take to run mid tens up here in Amarillo, 2800 ft altitude. Also would like to know if ya'll like the tunes from "johnny lighning performance". I don't have any tuners around here I trust. would like to know if anyone has tried the adjustable struts and shocks that "strange" puts out. I have 99 l that I bought brand new and upgraded MAF, TB(acu) intake plenum, Cat back bassani, 4lb pulley(I have a six but I'm afraid to try it) and a venom vcm100 (100 Hp shot)Truck has been lowered with the FMS kit and
Hood from Cervini'slus updated Head and tail lights. Have not run against clocks but only feels like low to mid twelves. Where do I need to go from here.
Thanks,
Joe

charlie
08-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Mid 10's..... deeep pockets.

Forged bottom end, Nasty port job and cam's, really good springs (heads) 20 lb's of boost, QA1's, 2800 stall, FTVB, better I.C. cooling system, Up-grade your MAF again, acu-fab TB, 255 pumps, 60 LB injectors, E-fan, LT headers, Ditch the front cats, slicks, drive shaft loop, roll cage, And a good tuner. And no matter what caned tune you get, it will have to be tweaked.

I'm sure a few will chime in with what I left out.

Charlie

Mark #2
08-02-2007, 10:01 PM
First of all how may I post an image with my user name. I'm from the old school of drag racers.. Even run at Green Valley few times. That should give my age away. Would like to know what kind of rwhp and torque it will take to run mid tens up here in Amarillo, 2800 ft altitude. Also would like to know if ya'll like the tunes from "johnny lighning performance". I don't have any tuners around here I trust. would like to know if anyone has tried the adjustable struts and shocks that "strange" puts out. I have 99 l that I bought brand new and upgraded MAF, TB(acu) intake plenum, Cat back bassani, 4lb pulley(I have a six but I'm afraid to try it) and a venom vcm100 (100 Hp shot)Truck has been lowered with the FMS kit and
Hood from Cervini'slus updated Head and tail lights. Have not run against clocks but only feels like low to mid twelves. Where do I need to go from here.
Thanks,
Joe
Wow, Joe I ran Green Valley too, but just after the drag track shut down, and we started doing road course events there.
A six pound lower on a 99 stock is not an issue at the correct A/F around 11.3 IMHO.

You need a built block to get in the 10s. I have run a best of 11.59 on a stock block, but unlikely you get to the 10s on the stock block, well maybe a few times with the spray, but then the rods will come out of it.

KB or Whipple, built block, heads, cams, long tubes, 255 fuel pumps, 60 lb injectors, 2400 MAF, is generally what it takes, that and about $25K.

A tuner is purely a relationship issue. Terry down here has the experience but purchase a wideband and long tubes as your next mods.

Mark

tiffo60
08-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I had johnny lightning give me a race tune out at lightningfest when I had my diablo and I liked it, he knows his stuff but he stays pretty busy so on an email basis I would be his turn around is pretty slow

Hamp
08-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Charlie, Does the 25K figure include the divorce lawyer and the cash settlement for her? What happened to the Days of a 2400lb 49 Anglia with a small block and glide and turning 9's?????? The Built block, heads, cams,
headers,and IC upgrade I was planning on, but not SC upgrade, I was kinda hopping to stay with the Eaton with s-port and 16bs of boost. Do u know if u can set up nos port injection on these trucks? I like the nos but its hard on teflon coated rotors....

L8 APEX
08-06-2007, 05:45 PM
I think NOS or NX makes a Nixles kit for the trucks. You have to change the blower. The Eaton is a 400 dollar piece of ****. A blower swap will make more power than anything else you put on the motor. Everyone's input is pretty good.

Hamp
08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Has anyone int FW and D area ever use WELL's Racing Engines? Might could get a deal on built block, (x-inlaw But still friends)

Hamp
08-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Terry, what blower would u choose ? KB or Whipple?
Joe

L8 APEX
08-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Wells was 3 blocks from my old shop those guys are very good. I would buy a Whipple or the large KB. The large KB is a monster rapist bitch it will put a hurting on a motor any motor.

SVTJoseCuervo
08-06-2007, 06:11 PM
when is that 3.3 Whipple coming out?

L8 APEX
08-06-2007, 06:12 PM
By the time the Gen 3 Lightning is realeased probably:icon_rolleyes:

SVTJoseCuervo
08-06-2007, 06:14 PM
:rll:

03LightningRocks
08-06-2007, 11:57 PM
The large KB is a monster rapist bitch it will put a hurting on a motor any motor.

:eek:

L8 APEX
08-07-2007, 12:01 AM
:eek:
You ought to try one, it is like mixing Red Bull and Monsters for breakfast. It'll get you going:evil. It is the closest thing to strapping on a pro mod BDS blower to your engine. The big KB makes the little KB feel like an Eaton:bows. You have to detune them to about 700hp so the block will stay in one piece unless you go with 1,200 dollar Oliver rods etc.

dboat
08-07-2007, 05:01 AM
You ought to try one, it is like mixing Red Bull and Monsters for breakfast. It'll get you going:evil. It is the closest thing to strapping on a pro mod BDS blower to your engine. The big KB makes the little KB feel like an Eaton:bows. You have to detune them to about 700hp so the block will stay in one piece unless you go with 1,200 dollar Oliver rods etc.

I think I just got a woody... :eek:

Dana