PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Pump!

L8 APEX
08-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks for everything! I forgot it was your birthday a couple times today. We'll say a few of those margaritas I had for dinner were in your honor. and a few for Blake too:beer::tex:beer:! Keep it real into the 70's:bows

Lyfisin
08-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Gah! Totally missed it. Hope you had a great one sir. :beer:

TXLIGHTNING
08-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Cheers :beer:. Have a great one man :tu:.

slick-svt
08-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Have a great one!!!!.....:tu:

FRDRCING
08-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Happy B-day, a few days late.

PUMP
08-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys. Had a great day and celebrated today by purchasing a Glock 19. Plan on going to Bullet Trap tomorrow for practice. Application for CHL completed and signed up for training on Sept 1. Only negative was, Judy doesn't like the Glock. She thinks the Kahr CW9 fits her better:hammer:. Oh well two are better than one.

L8 APEX
08-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Excellent choices. Make sure to do a 200rd break in on that Kahr they are tight. Always chamber the first round from the magazine. You cannot drop one in the pipe and release the slide on a Kahr it will make a mess. They have to be fed from the magazine at all times. T

Excerpt:
Reliability
Speaking of tight fit, Kahr recommends you fire 200 rounds of ammo before trusting your life to the gun. Take that advice. I've owned four Kahrs over the years and every one needed the break-in period. After 200 rounds their reliability became absolute. As did the CW.

L8 APEX
08-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Here is a new T shirt for you.
http://www.cracksmokingshirts.com/html/view_gal/562-1.jpg

Chris94L
08-18-2007, 09:52 PM
The Glock on the other hand can fire anything anyway anytime.

I've always heard you can break the extractor chambering a round that way?

Anyway I don't plan on testing that theory with my 23.

L8 APEX
08-18-2007, 10:18 PM
A Glock cannot be broken. Brian is a certified glock armor maybe he knows the details. I have dropped rounds in all of my G units. I think that type of loading is a requirement of all military approved firearms or should be. You never know when dropping that one round in and slamming it shut can save your life like in the movies. I know the Kahr will NOT do this ever at all. It sticks shut tighter than fort knox, not that I have ever done this:tex

L8 APEX
08-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Well it looks like you were right, maybe no autos are supposed to be loaded that way. I was raised a heathen! I can't tell you how many hundreds of times I have done this to my Glocks and Berettas. Heck just about everything but the Kahr will take it. You lern something everyday.

Glock Factory Extractors
Broken extractors are caused primarily by dropping a round in the chamber and then letting the slide ram home which causes the extractor to have to jump over the rim of the cartridge. Always charge your Glock by letting the slide strip-off a round from the magazine and install it in the chamber on it's own. Take a spare extractor with you if you are attending a shooting or combat class since most of the better schools are miles from a Glock Armorer. Extractors are 15 degrees/5 degrees to fit late model Glocks.

my2002lightning
08-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Happy birthday, Bob. Good thinking with the Glock and CCW.:tu:

I would think that the extractor is going to have to jump over the case rim whether, in this case, shooting it single-shot OR shooting it normally where the round would be scooped from the magazine feed lips and slammed into the chamber where the extractor would jump over the case rim anyway.

This is probably only a distance of ~1" either way? :icon_confused:

Speaking of Glocks ... :evil

http://home.mchsi.com/%7Eshortb2002/homeboynightsights.jpg

L8 APEX
08-19-2007, 04:48 PM
No, when it loads from the mag the round comes from underneath the slides up into the extractor. When you drop the slide on a round it has to jump over the case.

Silver_2000
08-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Happy Belated

:tu::tu:

Lyfisin
08-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Bah,

Who needs a gun when you can use one of these instead?!

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/hamster.jpg