PDA

View Full Version : Rasing the Tolls again

L8 APEX
08-17-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't know if it is only 190 but the news announced it is going up 40% for cash customers and a dime for tolltag users. Ass felching bottom feeding slug suckers!:flaming:

Wht95Lightning
08-17-2007, 11:50 PM
I just got an email from NTTA saying they are going ALL electronic payment by 2010. The massive increase in cost for cash customers is probably a strongarm tactic to force folks to get toll tags. :icon_evil:

03LightningRocks
08-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Ass felching bottom feeding slug suckers???????? :rll::rll::rll: Terry sure has a way with words.

I guess the costs for operating the tollway are rising like everything else. Everybody wants to make more money and everybody thinks they deserve to make more money. It's just that nobody wants to have the other guy make more money. Funny how that works.

Folks without toll tags should pay more. They are the ones causing the need for the little booths with the crack addict that collects your toll. They also are the ones causing the traffic delays at every booth. I bet they are also responsible for causing a few accidents as they swerve their cars across three lanes of traffic as they dig nickles and dimes out of their asses to get to a pay booth. Yep....I like it when the ones causing the higher expenses have to pay their own way. It's really not like liberal America to do things this way. Occasionally the air does smell fresh.:tu:

Don't like it...get with the program and get a toll tag. You can also exercise your right to not drive on the tollway.

I have always believed in "Pay to Play"....LOL.

Silver_2000
08-18-2007, 10:30 AM
No worries Ron

They just announced the end of the manned booths - it will ALL be electronic soon - Ironic that they just eliminated all their on road labor costs AND raised rates .... Only in America

NTTA Board Approves Transition to All-Electronic-Toll-Collection

http://enews.ntta.org/images/BAK121CollinCounty.jpgOn August 15, the NTTA Board of Directors voted unanimously to direct its staff to begin the process of converting all NTTA toll roads into all-electronic-toll-collection (ETC) facilities. The implementation would be completed by May 2010. Future NTTA turnpike projects would be planned as all-ETC facilities. The decision was made during the Board’s monthly meeting in Plano.
The NTTA Board directed staff to begin studying the possibility of all-ETC in April of this year. A follow-up report was presented to the Board in July. The study documented trends in the toll industry, engineering and construction issues, safety implications, environmental concerns, customer time savings, as well as operational and financial impacts that the NTTA would need to deal with in preparing to become an all-ETC system.

http://enews.ntta.org/DrivingForward/September2007/ETC.htm

TollTag customers will see no change as all-ETC is implemented. They will be able to continue to travel through any lane on the NTTA system and their accounts will automatically be billed for the tolls. Cash customers will also be able to travel through any lane. Cameras will photograph their license plate and an invoice will be sent to the address associated with that license plate.

charlie
08-18-2007, 10:40 AM
The last time I got on the toll road was almost 7 years ago. I was on North Dallas toll road, and realized I had just payed Fifty cents to sit in traffic.

Charlie

03LightningRocks
08-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Cash customers will also be able to travel through any lane. Cameras will photograph their license plate and an invoice will be sent to the address associated with that license plate.

That is actually going to increase costs right there. If the picture taking system isn't perfect, there will be lost tolls from folks that slicker through. Good gawd, think about the effort to collect these mail in toll fees. Now we are back to the liberal America I have come to be disgusted with. I knew there would be some jacked up twist somewhere to "Keep it Fair" for the dead weight.

All of this bullshit because we don't want to just require a person to buy a fricking toll tag..........fricking rediculous.

03LightningRocks
08-18-2007, 11:08 AM
The last time I got on the toll road was almost 7 years ago. I was on North Dallas toll road, and realized I had just payed Fifty cents to sit in traffic.

Charlie

LOL...I know that feeling. We usually don't get stuck in traffic on the Tollways. It is probably because of the time of day myself and my guys are driving it. Every once in awhile though, I find myself sitting there feeling stupid for paying to be in a traffic jam.

03LightningRocks
08-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Any opinions on what the 121 tollway will mean for cities along that corridor. The Colony in particular? I would think The Colony would benefit greatly from this, but I was talking to a realtor in that area and she said she wasn't so sure about this. She said The Colony is run by a bunch of "backwards rednecks" (her words, not mine) and they are not making the right decisions to allow The Colony to move forward.

charlie
08-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Any opinions on what the 121 tollway will mean for cities along that corridor. The Colony in particular? I would think The Colony would benefit greatly from this, but I was talking to a realtor in that area and she said she wasn't so sure about this. She said The Colony is run by a bunch of "backwards rednecks" (her words, not mine) and they are not making the right decisions to allow The Colony to move forward.

Hummmmm.... I would use those words too.

Charlie

Silver_2000
08-18-2007, 11:23 AM
I use 190 and the tollway all the time

I cant understand why anyone wouldn't have a toll tag

There are no fees - just discounts - Also works for parking at DFW

Mark #2
08-18-2007, 12:18 PM
I use 190 and the tollway all the time

I cant understand why anyone wouldn't have a toll tag

There are no fees - just discounts - Also works for parking at DFW

Just implant us all with RF ID tags/GPS and be done with it.

No cash needed anywhere, would work at all stores, stadiums, restaurants, airports, etc, etc, etc.

Just scan you and it would work for security too, no passports needed.:tex

Silver_2000
08-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Just implant us all with RF ID tags/GPS and be done with it.

No cash needed anywhere, would work at all stores, stadiums, restaurants, airports, etc, etc, etc.

Just scan you and it would work for security too, no passports needed.:tex

Well there was a recent article that toll records were used in a divorce proceeding but Im not worried about that - I got nothing to hide.

Im waiting for the tollway to start mailing speeding tickets based on time delta between toll booths - DOnt think that not having a tag will stop them from getting you

You already have a TX plate which they proved is enough to send you a bill for the toll

The best thing is to just stay at someone elses home with no home phone and no Drivers license and no SS# and keep the :tex:tex on firmly

Mark #2
08-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Well there was a recent article that toll records were used in a divorce proceeding but Im not worried about that - I got nothing to hide.

Im waiting for the tollway to start mailing speeding tickets based on time delta between toll booths - DOnt think that not having a tag will stop them from getting you

You already have a TX plate which they proved is enough to send you a bill for the toll

The best thing is to just stay at someone elses home with no home phone and no Drivers license and no SS# and keep the :tex:tex on firmly

And get rid of your cell phone too;)

Silver_2000
08-18-2007, 12:41 PM
And get rid of your cell phone too;)

you think having the same cell # for 12+ years is leaving a bad trail ?

LOL

and get rid of all plastic cards - debit cards - credit cards - gift cards -

L8 APEX
08-18-2007, 05:31 PM
I think getting rid of the toll boths is essential to fixing the traffic jams on the tollways. 90% of the congestions is because is the cash booths. It is a safety hazard. The 121 system is much better. Even 190 has traffic issues around the plazas. Most only have 2-3 fast lanes and they expand and contract which causes problems. Also if you read the signs the speed limit drops to 45mph through the plaza section all lanes. So DPS is sitting there every day writing 20-30mph over speeding tickets for folks only doing 65-70mph as normal. Thousands of people stopping to pay cash screws up the whole system. I almost smashed a little girl in a Honda car at a booth last week. I was coming through the Tolltag booth with a tag about 50mph. She was in the lane next to me stopped behind 3 cars waiting and decided she liked my open lane. She whipped over without looking since she was on the cell phone. I locked up the brakes and horn and came within two feet of her head. She had the nerve to flip me off like I got in her way or something.