PDA

View Full Version : Well shit... stumble at startup

GoldLS1
09-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Put the truck BTS this past weekend, now it stumbles on startup (like its cammed) Any ideas... No SES light... No other issues.... just on startups (hot or cold) it stumbles (maybe 5-10 seconds) then figures out how to idle correctly and is fine after that...

I know that I have no idea where all the vacuum lines went (had a hell of a lot more to hook up than what was on their w/ the KB and LTs). Might switching one (or ALL :eek2:) of them cause this.

Any have detailed pics of what goes where w/ a EGR and eaton combo??
OR Advice...

:crying: HELP:crying:

Mark #2
09-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Put the truck BTS this past weekend, now it stumbles on startup (like its cammed) Any ideas... No SES light... No other issues.... just on startups (hot or cold) it stumbles (maybe 5-10 seconds) then figures out how to idle correctly and is fine after that...

I know that I have no idea where all the vacuum lines went (had a hell of a lot more to hook up than what was on their w/ the KB and LTs). Might switching one (or ALL :eek2:) of them cause this.

Any have detailed pics of what goes where w/ a EGR and eaton combo??
OR Advice...

:crying: HELP:crying:
Mine has always done that, stock and modded, it searches a little on start up.

GoldLS1
09-13-2007, 10:39 PM
This is more than a search for idle. It stumbles/idles below 500 (damn near dies) for a few seconds. Then it flares up to 1400 (like it should to begin with, them settles down just fine and idles PERFECTLY). A good example is when you start it and unplug the IAC plug. Almost identical rough idle.

Any other thoughts....

99WhiteBeast
09-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Did you switch back to a stock throttle body? If so maybe the TPS is off.

Also clean out the IAC motor with some B12

GoldLS1
09-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Yep did do the stock TB.... I just remembered we forgot to look which way it goes... maybe its out 180degrees!! Heres a pic of how we hooked the vac lines... are they right??

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Sideview.JPG

GoldLS1
09-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I noticed from some other pics I have a FEW backwards...

GoldLS1
09-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Well as it turned out, there was only about 2 that were right!!

If ya want to have a big cammed sound at startup hook the vac lines up like the pic above http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

diablolightning
09-18-2007, 10:27 AM
ya the egr va;ve vac line doesn't go back there,lol