PDA

View Full Version : Amazing.

Sonicblue03
10-11-2007, 01:22 PM
I never thought I would enjoy a truck so much. These have to be the most bad*** trucks on the planet. I literally have to force myself to drive my CTS-V. Wish I would have bought one way before now. :icon_mrgreen: I can't help but get a cheesy a** grin to see the confusion on the guys face who just got his Z28 spanked by a truck.

03LightningRocks
10-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Something about kicking peoples asses with a pickup truck.....:burnout:. I don't get as many challengers as I used to. The roll bar usually scares them off. Now I get my kicks out of watching guys in the Z28 type rides trying to avoid getting up beside me....:gatling:.

Silver_2000
10-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I havent had anyone challenge me in months

Maybe because I never wash mine ?

Shiner1
10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Something about kicking peoples asses with a pickup truck.....:burnout:. I don't get as many challengers as I used to. The roll bar usually scares them off. Now I get my kicks out of watching guys in the Z28 type rides trying to avoid getting up beside me....:gatling:.

:rll: That's better than racing them....

charlie
10-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I havent had anyone challenge me in months

Maybe because I never wash mine ?

:rll::rll::rll:

So thats it!.... yours is cleaner than mine. I hardly ever get challenged.

Charlie

danielvalles1
10-11-2007, 05:49 PM
I got challenged by a ss cobalt last sunday the guy said whats a lightning so the light turned green and i smoked his ass.:burnout:

bluesvt
10-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Last night a Stang GT raced me and I gave him a head start. Needless to say I passed him. :burnout:

WA 2 FST
10-11-2007, 07:31 PM
My last race in the L was a few weeks ago. I had my son with me and we were just coming home from his practice. I coach the team, so I had lots of baseball equipment in the bed. Alongside is this 5.7 Hemi Charger (not an SRT). This guy was heading home from work, and I could tell he wanted some. Light turns green, and I give it enough gas to keep it in 1st, he punches it... then I do... bye-bye. My 12yr old waved at him out the back window as we pulled 7-8 cars on this guy to ~80mph. Game over, do not insert another token. It would be a waste of your time, Hemi-boy. ;)

Granted, that wasn't a fair race. A low-12 second capable L vs. a low-14 sec car. But he needed an education.

03LightningRocks
10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
My last race in the L was a few weeks ago. I had my son with me and we were just coming home from his practice. I coach the team, so I had lots of baseball equipment in the bed. Alongside is this 5.7 Hemi Charger (not an SRT). This guy was heading home from work, and I could tell he wanted some. Light turns green, and I give it enough gas to keep it in 1st, he punches it... then I do... bye-bye. My 12yr old waved at him out the back window as we pulled 7-8 cars on this guy to ~80mph. Game over, do not insert another token. It would be a waste of your time, Hemi-boy. ;)

Granted, that wasn't a fair race. A low-12 second capable L vs. a low-14 sec car. But he needed an education.

The sad part is that the salesman who sold him that car probably told him it would outrun anything on the road....:rll:.

WA 2 FST
10-11-2007, 07:54 PM
The sad part is that the salesman who sold him that car probably told him it would outrun anything on the road....:rll:.

Well probably not. The SRT 6.1 Charger will dust the 5.7 Hemi. But you've got a point. I can hear it now, "except for the SRT car, your Hemi will handle anything out there." Uh... no.

03LightningRocks
10-11-2007, 08:36 PM
My brother was thinking about buying one of those. I went with him to test drive it. The salesman made a pretty big issue of how that thing could outrun Vets and I don't remember what all else this clown said it could outrun....LOL. The salesman talked about the handling as if they had re-invented the automobile. Then my brother told him I was a Ford man. He started crapping all over anything Ford...LOL.

I was not that impressed with the car.

danielvalles1
10-11-2007, 09:02 PM

Nice work specialy with your son waveing from the back window now thats priceless:tu:

WA 2 FST
10-11-2007, 09:50 PM
My brother was thinking about buying one of those. I went with him to test drive it. The salesman made a pretty big issue of how that thing could outrun Vets and I don't remember what all else this clown said it could outrun....LOL. The salesman talked about the handling as if they had re-invented the automobile. Then my brother told him I was a Ford man. He started crapping all over anything Ford...LOL.

I was not that impressed with the car.

Interesting. I really enjoy my 300C SRT8. I've just done a computer reflash and I would be surprsied if it didn't run high-12s on a good day. Plenty of room inside, and very comfortable with the factory Recaro seats. Handles great and the stock 4-piston Brembos on all four corners are nice.

03LightningRocks
10-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Interesting. I really enjoy my 300C SRT8. I've just done a computer reflash and I would be surprsied if it didn't run high-12s on a good day. Plenty of room inside, and very comfortable with the factory Recaro seats. Handles great and the stock 4-piston Brembos on all four corners are nice.

Maybe he should have test drove the SRT8...sounds like a very nice car. I really don't like the look of the Dodge 300's not really appealing to me. But that is why we have vanilla and chocolate ice cream. To each his own :beer:.

mikelemoine
10-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I rented a 300 to drive from NYC to Boston and back for customer meetings and I have to say I really liked the car. It had the wimpy rent-a-V6 but kept up with traffic ok. The ride was smooth and quiet but it still handled decent. No rigor-mortise after driving for a couple hours either. Add a 6.1 to it and I can understand why you like it so much WA 2 FST....

Sonicblue03
10-12-2007, 07:47 AM

Those are nice cars. Maybe low 13's but I doubt it will run in the 12's. I have raced a couple of them and one of the charger srt8's in my CTS-V and they all got pulled by the V. 300's styling is sweet though.

WA 2 FST
10-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, maybe someday we'll run into each other when you're in the V and I'm in the 300, although it sounds like we both drive our "other" vehicles more often. :) The car is significantly faster with just a canned performance tune. I would be shocked if its not .35-.45 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile now than it was stock...and there are plenty of stockers running 13.1-13.2s in decent (read: not 100^F) air.

I've driven a CTS-V, and I liked it a lot. If it had an auto trans, I'd probably have bought one (wife doesn't drive a stick).

toddwarren
10-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Heck this sounds like a challenge to me:nana2

Lets line em up boys!! Sonic dont let him bring his ZO6!!

Go Cowboys

Prediction Dallas35 New England Clam Chowders 28

L8 APEX
10-12-2007, 02:15 PM
I have driven V's and can't stand them in general. Axle hop under hard accel and they are heavy as hell!
I did get to blow soot on a Acura TL last week down Coit Rd. He got a kick out of it too:cool:

WA 2 FST
10-12-2007, 03:07 PM
That is definitely an issue with the V when trying to drag race it from a standstill. The fact is that it is really a touring car, and the one I drove handled well and had good braking. Honestly, I'm a big fan of the LSx motors, and if GM was building a 400+hp 4-door sedan with an auto transmission, I'd have probably bought it. But they don't. Ford doesn't have anything the least bit interesting in that market segment, either.

Sonic, I don't know what you have done to your truck, but which do you think is faster... the V or the L?

Sonicblue03
10-12-2007, 03:39 PM
I "think" the L is faster. It's a very different feel when you set up higher vs. lower. I'm sure if I sprayed the L it would be faster and from a dig it would eat the V up spray or no spray. The V's axle hop is horrible but a little better with the BMR products and non run flat tires. I don't ever launch the V hard but it has run from a roll with several mid 12 cars around here (forgot to mention the V is not completely stock either). When my brother comes back this weekend we are going to race each other in both cars. Sounds like those 300's might mod very well. The two I have raced only had exhaust and and/or intake I think, and I don't know how good either driver was.

Sonicblue03
10-12-2007, 03:53 PM
I have driven V's and can't stand them in general. Axle hop under hard accel and they are heavy as hell!
I did get to blow soot on a Acura TL last week down Coit Rd. He got a kick out of it too:cool:

Yes the V is definitely not a good choice for a drag car. I think the V is more of an image than actually being practical for drag racing. Now in the realm of sports sedans (4 doors) For the money it's sure hard to beat. I've outrun porches, a bmw M5, and several mustangs/camaros/trans ams and I can still put two car seats in the back with golf clubs in the trunk or pick up the vice president of a bank for lunch while looking professional.

WA 2 FST
10-12-2007, 04:02 PM
I "think" the L is faster. It's a very different feel when you set up higher vs. lower. I'm sure if I sprayed the L it would be faster and from a dig it would eat the V up spray or no spray. The V's axle hop is horrible but a little better with the BMR products and non run flat tires. I don't ever launch the V hard but it has run from a roll with several mid 12 cars around here (forgot to mention the V is not completely stock either). When my brother comes back this weekend we are going to race each other in both cars. Sounds like those 300's might mod very well. The two I have raced only had exhaust and and/or intake I think, and I don't know how good either driver was.

If the V runs with mid-12 second cars from a roll then it definitely isn't stock, and neither is your L if you think it can outrun your V. :)

I know the V's typically trap ~107+mph or so stock, so its a 12-second capable vehicle from the factory... it just can't be launched hard enough to get there. But like you said, it was never meant to be a drag racer.

A 300/Charger SRT with exhaust, cold-air intake are probably no more than .1 faster than a stock one. I'm not sold on even getting an "intake" for mine b/c I'm not sure it makes a real difference. The tune though is big. It gets rid of torque reduction, raises the shift points, makes for quicker shifts, and remaps the fuel/timing curve for an honest-to-goodness 20+rwhp/rwtq gain. I've seen several reports of guys dropping .35 and picking up a solid 2+mph in the 1/4 with them... and with the tune alone, it puts them in the 12.8-12.9/110+mph range on stock tires. The car is very easy to launch (automatic), so from a dig it is no slouch.

Sonicblue03
10-12-2007, 04:08 PM
I would love for my V to be an automatic! But, I would then have to let my girl drive it.:eek:

02HemiWho?
10-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Had a 6.0 gto far from stock and a brand new Z06 pull beside me at the same time on 360 after i got off work, i took off they all followed doing about 130 or so, after that i hung with the gto but the Z06 pulled hard...

WA 2 FST
10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
A 300/Charger SRT with exhaust, cold-air intake are probably no more than .1 faster than a stock one. I'm not sold on even getting an "intake" for mine b/c I'm not sure it makes a real difference. The tune though is big. It gets rid of torque reduction, raises the shift points, makes for quicker shifts, and remaps the fuel/timing curve for an honest-to-goodness 20+rwhp/rwtq gain. I've seen several reports of guys dropping .35 and picking up a solid 2+mph in the 1/4 with them... and with the tune alone, it puts them in the 12.8-12.9/110+mph range on stock tires. The car is very easy to launch (automatic), so from a dig it is no slouch.

Just to back up the stuff I throw out there (I try to be realistic and accurate)... a guy with a stock Magnum SRT8 with a Predator tuner only ran 12.59 @ 113mph this past weekend at +550' DA. This car doesn't have anything but the reflashed PCM. Impressive to say the least. The 6.1 Hemi ain't shabby. The rest of the line isn't much to write home about, though.

Sonicblue03
10-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Those are FAST wagons. Motor trend says 13.1 stock.

Sonicblue03
10-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Another Ada, OK person has joined. We will slowly take over the North Texas forum......:icon_cool: LOL. J/K

WA 2 FST
10-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Those are FAST wagons. Motor trend says 13.1 stock.

Yeah, I remember that. If they'd tested a 300 SRT8 on the same day, it would have run a 12.9... the wagon is the heaviest of those cars.

Welcome to those from Ada. I may be one of the few from Texas who can say I've actually been there. :tu: