PDA

View Full Version : Toyo's or nittos's

danielvalles1
10-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Im thinking about buying some spare tires for my Lightning but im wondering which would be better ive been using the nittos's 555 never had problem's with them but ive also seen lightnings using toyo tires what do you guys think i should buy Nitto's or toyo's by the way the toyo's i belive there proxies.

ZeusSVT
10-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Here's a thread discussing them. I have Nitto's on mine. Do a search and you'll find many other threads as well where different tires are debated....

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14033&highlight=tires

kirkmears
10-16-2007, 06:16 PM
ive liked the toyos because the price and wear. my truck's stock & has over 110k miles, so i've been through a couple of tires needless to say. i just paid $205 a tire mounted & balanced last week @ Hamms in Dallas off of 30 & Carrol. they're open til midnight too:icon_cool:

make sure to read up on this thread first before heading over there (jk...sorta):
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14278

:burnout:

dboat
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Daniel,

I have Nittos and like them the best between them and F1's.. havent done the Toyo's because of the rep of being harder rubber and less traction. Yes, Toyo's last longer, if that is what you want, then go that direction. But I wanted more traction and have now decided to stay with the drag radials on the back and the regular Nitto's on the front..

Dana

Mika
10-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Dana hit the nail on the head. I didn't realize how bad Toyo's grip was until I put on some Hankook's. I'd just about put money on the Nitto's being even better. Toyo's are good for mileage, but not good for grip/traction.

Mika

Razor
10-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Speaking of tires...do we stil have a hookup @discount tire out by Terry? If so ..whats the guys name that works there so I can re-tread before my inspection sticker is up on Halloween!?

Chris

danielvalles1
10-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info you guys are giving me, ever since i joined talon you guys have given me more info about my truck than anyone else. I have met some of the talon members and they are grate people some of you i havent met but maybe i will one of these days but every body on this board is just plain out fantastic so thanks for all the info guys.:tu:

RedHawk
10-29-2007, 06:28 PM
i ride proxes too, jsut recently had my first blowout due to sidewall separation

Mika
10-29-2007, 08:25 PM
I haven't had any experience with the Nittos, but they're a bit higher than other tires. If you guys are on a budget, check out the Hankook's. They grip decently for a cheap tire. WAY better than the Toyo's.

Mika

danielvalles1
10-29-2007, 08:27 PM
I haven't had any experience with the Nittos, but they're a bit higher than other tires. If you guys are on a budget, check out the Hankook's. They grip decently for a cheap tire. WAY better than the Toyo's.

MikaThats also something i would consider thanks:tu:

Mika
10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Thats also something i would consider thanks:tu:

No prob.Mika

03stx
10-30-2007, 07:42 AM
I just got a set of Hankooks put on last friday and I have no complaints so far. They actually are quieter than my F1's were and grip pretty good as well.

BC Lightning
10-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Nittos are the only tires I put on my vehicles, have them in 18's for the Corvette, about to have them in 20's for the new wheels on the Lightning, and have them in 22's for the Tahoe

They are the best all around tire, the 555's last a long time, unless you get drag radials they go pretty quick

jmlay
11-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I have Toyo's & would not buy them for the L again. I do mostly commuter driving & the occasional 1/8 blast, but have QT pro's for that. The Toyo is a harder rubber that should last a bit longer than the F1 or Nitto. However my Toyo's are terribly weather cracked after ~25000 miles. If I was doing it again, & will be soon, I would go back to performance tire. I am thinking of trying Nitto's next time but may go back to the F1's.

The Toyo's have allot of rode noise as well.

Mike

Turboduck
11-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Toyos have harder compound and last more miles. If that's what you want, then go with Toyos. Nitto has more performance edge.

L8 APEX
11-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Toyo's are like a toilet seat in a homeless shelter. Yes they last forever but you don't want to ride on them:icon_eek:

wesman
11-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Toyo's are like a toilet seat in a homeless shelter. Yes they last forever but you don't want to ride on them:icon_eek:

:rll::rll::rll: