PDA

View Full Version : Question about Haynes Manual

yadisisp2
10-18-2007, 06:31 PM
If I got a Haynes Manuel for 97-03 ford f-150's, would all the motor torque specs still be the same? Like bolting on the heads and all the front access.. :icon_question:

Mark #2
10-18-2007, 06:38 PM
No expert here, but I have been usiing the same manual for torque specs for the past 7 years so I would say yes.

yadisisp2
10-18-2007, 06:41 PM
No expert here, but I have been usiing the same manual for torque specs for the past 7 years so I would say yes.

Alright, thanks. :beer:

charlie
10-18-2007, 07:59 PM
I have a dvd with everything in it (Lightning stuff too) if you want a copy.

I'll be at the Denton track Sat. if you want to pick it up.

Charlie

yadisisp2
10-18-2007, 08:36 PM
I have a dvd with everything in it (Lightning stuff too) if you want a copy.

I'll be at the Denton track Sat. if you want to pick it up.

Charlie

Hell yeah. I don't know if I could make it out to the track Sat. though. Im going to try and pull the motor out this weekend.

I'll paypal you some money if you'd send it to me though

03LightningRocks
10-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Hell yeah. I don't know if I could make it out to the track Sat. though. Im going to try and pull the motor out this weekend.

I take it that you decided to try the do-it-yourself motor swap?

yadisisp2
10-19-2007, 04:20 PM
I take it that you decided to try the do-it-yourself motor swap?

I just want to see how far I can go. I figured I could at least pull the motor and swap the heads. I guess we will just see...

03LightningRocks
10-19-2007, 04:25 PM
I just want to see how far I can go. I figured I could at least pull the motor and swap the heads. I guess we will just see...

Your a braver man than I. Something tells me that if I where to start pulling my own motor, 10 years from now I would still be pushing the parts out of the way to walk through my garage.

Good luck with it. A couple fellows on the forum have done motor swaps and seem to have good knowledge about such things. Don't be afraid to post up if you need any advice.

Rocks:beer:

yadisisp2
10-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Your a braver man than I. Something tells me that if I where to start pulling my own motor, 10 years from now I would still be pushing the parts out of the way to walk through my garage.

Good luck with it. A couple fellows on the forum have done motor swaps and seem to have good knowledge about such things. Don't be afraid to post up if you need any advice.

Rocks:beer:

Yeah, we will see how it goes. If I just say "f" it... i'll give it to Terry. He seems to be the one to take these trucks to :tu:

charlie
10-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Just remember what I told you about the head bolts and cam's..... But I think your nut's for not letting Terry do it. You will spend as much as your trying to save, just on odds and ends. Oh and there is a little trick with the timing chain tensioner, if you don't get it right,,,,,,, you will be doing it again.

Charlie

charlie
10-19-2007, 05:26 PM

I don't do pay pal... But I will be there the next Sat. and Sun. too.

Charlie

yadisisp2
10-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Just remember what I told you about the head bolts and cam's..... But I think your nut's for not letting Terry do it. You will spend as much as your trying to save, just on odds and ends. Oh and there is a little trick with the timing chain tensioner, if you don't get it right,,,,,,, you will be doing it again.

Charlie

Yeah, i know what you mean. I may just wait a couple weeks and save up some more money and let him do his magic.