PDA

View Full Version : Hey All Visiting from another forum

tundragoat
11-01-2007, 12:17 PM
First off I don't own a Lightning, not that I haven't tried. I have loved them since I first saw a white 94 back in school, and have wanted one ever since. But by the time my insurance premiums went down (turning 25) I started working a job that requires a bit more ground clearance than the lightning can support.

BTW I know this is Texas North owners club, but I hardly got any responses from the Austin area lightning club, so I wanted to say hey here.

Anyway to get to the reason I am here, I currently own a Reg Cab Short Bed 2007 Tundra with the 5.7L V8. Pretty nice truck, helps me with work and zooms around when I need it too. Obviously no real comparison to a Lightning since they were born sporty. That being said I took my bone stock truck to the track to get a baseline before the modding started, and low and behold I ran a 14.2 @ 97 mph. I was pretty impressed. Again obviously not neck and neck with stock Lightnings but respectable all the same.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I am planning alot of trips down to the track in Seguin, San Antonio Raceway, and I would like to get together with some Lightning folk and have some nice races, err maybe really bad races where I see a blur and hear a loud whine as you fly past me. But I haven't run anything other than another 5.7L Tundra, and the last time I was there, only one lightning showed up. He proceeded to spend a hour changing to slicks, but then never ran the truck. Then a puss in a Trailblazer SS pulled up, parked and never ran. :nono:

Anyway just wanted to throw out an invitation to you guys, because I love watching Lightning run at the track. Can't get enough of the SC whine!:bows

Here is pic of my two runs, you will notice terrible reaction times and pretty lame 60 fts, as I was launching at idle, anything more and I would break loose. DRs are my next purchase.

Video after the Slips
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3835/whiteyellaresizepw1.jpg

Click Me for Video (http://www.vidilife.com/video_play_1087130_Two_Tundras_Racing.htm) - Filmed inside a RCSB 5.7 Tundra, I'm the blue one.

Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance if you made it this far!

98Cobra
11-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks for stopping by. 14.2 stock is dang good. Do you have a GTO btw? Just asking since you picked tundragoat as your handle.

TXLIGHTNING
11-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Not bad at all. :beer:

tundragoat
11-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks for stopping by. 14.2 stock is dang good. Do you have a GTO btw? Just asking since you picked tundragoat as your handle.
I needed to sell my 05 GTO for work purposes. It was a fun car for the 25k miles I had it.

Ohmsby
11-01-2007, 04:50 PM
that is a pretty good time slip for bone stock I will be interested to see your modded times

tundragoat
11-02-2007, 05:14 PM
I think I will be headed to SAR on Wednesday with a couple of other Tundra owners. I will see if the airaid intake helped. Another guy I run out there will be taking off his 20s and running with the stock 18s in hope of better times. He has intake and catback, which seems to take off about .2 in the 1/4 mile. I also added a vanish tonneau cover and trd rear sway bar, but I don't really think either is going to change my 1/4 mile, maybe better air flow with the cover.